Member question

Great idea.  I would be even more OK if these game threads were excluded from "see unread posts since lasts visit", but I guess that's not an option.

Good and practical idea.

By the way, I noticed that others (e.g. mozzle) are also inspired to develop games or polls which take longer to complete. Perhaps their visibility would increase when we spread all this. Not that mozzle's (and other) games should have their own subforum, like SMX's, or that all games should be together, but when SMX's games are in their own subforum they'll surely be more visible.

It would just be a "Games" subforum. Everyone would be allowed to put games there, I imagine.

Invader said:
I would be even more OK if these game threads were excluded from "see unread posts since lasts visit", but I guess that's not an option.

HELL FUCKING NO.

I do not find it the slightest bit acceptable that a handful of threads I started would be subject to such a rule, and everything else is not.

Besides, I have always assumed that the "unread posts" page is how most people see when the games are updated. Taking away my ability to publicize the updates is FUCKING BULLSHIT. If that's really the attitude around here, I might as well just stop the games entirely.

Further, I think I misspoke in the moderators forum, and led others to believe I support a subforum. I most certainly do not.

I will not fight the idea if it's what others want. I can see how it could be a good idea. But I still think things are fine the way they are. Just because I don't oppose something, that doesn't mean I support it.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Besides, I have always assumed that the "unread posts" page is how most people see when the games are updated. Taking away my ability to publicize the updates is FUCKING BULLSHIT. If that's really the attitude around here, I might as well just stop the games entirely.

I wasn't meaning disrespect to the games or you with my comment, to be honest, and I participate in most of the voting games myself (though I'm lazy at replying).  It just tends to clutter up the unread posts section since those games are replied to by someone all the time.  But, I've lived with it so far and it's only a minor inconvenience.  As for the original suggestion, I think it's a rather good one, but it won't affect me much.  I pretty much only use the unread posts feature to browse.

I'll say it again: no offense or disrespect intended, and sorry if it came over that way.

I'm all for a subforum for games, or not, either way.  Using the "new replies" and "unread posts" are the first things I go to when I'm on the forum, so this should be staying as is.

I'd be ok with "games" subforum.

And i also agree that ignoring SMX's posts in unread list isn't fair. What Invader was talking about, it was more of a "ignore topic in updates" (SMF mod readily available), where you checkbox the appropriate option on the topic, and it won't show up itself in "update areas".

For instance, i participate in 3 SMX games, the others i don't. I'll just check those topics, and i'll also check out like Hockey thread and all the other stuff i ain't into.
IMHO, that's fair and convenient.

Back