"Maidenfans.com +"

Albie

Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.
I don't often log in to the main website, but I did yesterday for the first time in a while. It was then I noticed the preferences option which then gave a link to upgrade your account. I read through this and thought it a good idea and was ready to purchase but the link to do so was not available. I did, however, notice that this could be subject to change and may have been disabled temporarily - so is this the case?

I also noticed the link to purchase the MoLaD CD from Amazon did not take me beyond the maidenfans.com site, rather it just opened up this page.

Some of the ideas you are suggesting do sound interesting, though. A @Maidenfans.com email address I dare say may be popular, as well webspace. So if this is still in the pipeline, I'll be keen to hear any more details as and when. I guess the next logical step is to become an ISP yourself. ;)

Albie said:
A @Maidenfans.com email address I dare say may be popular
I already requested one of these but apparantly it's too much hassle... too many people would be asking for them and remember, RW would be giving up his time and money for it.  It would be a cool address though :mellow:

Wondered how long before somebody noticed this.
This scheme is not official yet. I'm still waiting on some software I am developing to handle paypal payments and auto-upgrade users benefits.
That page is there as a placeholder as to where I foresee the project going when it does launch but it is all subject to change. I'll make a big fuss over it when it does launch so you won't miss out as long as you read the forum or the news page :)
I don't know whether I mentioned any pricing on that page - I hope not - I'm not sure how much it will be. Possibly tiered pricing based on whether you want webspace, email etc. I want to keep the cost low to encourage more people to sign up.
Glad you like the idea though. If you have any suggestions on what you would like from such a membership let me know :)

The only pricing you mentioned was the basic subscription to "Maidenfans +" (just to allow you the option of stopping the ads) which is so miniscule I'll be surprised if you don't get quite a few people subscribing. I must admit it is the webspace that interests me the most. The email address will be popular and, as Conor put it, would be quite a cool address to have. If I do have any suggestions I will say but the above does sound good. Hopefully staring this topic will get people more aware - those who only use the forum.

But, what about the Amazon link? After reading about the limited edition CD+DVD, I'm keen to get my order in. Sure, I could go to them direct, but if I could purchase using your link it all helps (as you've said before).

Back