Maidenfans cloud?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7164

Idea : we collect ~ $10 each month for ~ 100GB cloud storage, so we can share bootlegs and stuff.

Well, all bootlegs of this world are available somewhere, sometime, on the Internet. This would make it easier. I've spent days waiting for someone that has a particular bootleg to appear at Maiden DC++ hub, and then download it at blazing speeds of 20-30kB/s. Most of the stuff is peer to peer (where you depend on peer availability and capacity), file hosting services remain a fast option if you pay for their fees, but that's completely absurd cause there's a ton of them. 5-6 years back, you had Rapidshare, and need for one "premium" account. I know there are paid middleman services that offer multiple premium file hosting services access, but that's really going around, and isn't stable - most of file hosts don't allow using same account from multiple locations at once, and those middleman services have 2-3 times less real accounts than their sold, "unified" ones.

Anyways, just an idea, it would come in handy.
If I get positive responses, then we can talk about technicalities. In any case, free services are to be avoided for a number of reasons.

Back