Maiden Vinyl

bearfan

Ancient Mariner
back int he day, I had most everything Maiden released on Vinyl up to No Prayer.  Then for various reasons, (mainly I moved a lot, started buying CDs, and got tired of hauling records), I got rid of my record collection.  Last October, I bought a turn table and have been re-purchasing vinyl (and in some cases buying new releases and stuff I never owned). 

I work at home quite a bit and due to soem back problems sitting for long periods of time bothers me, so records are theraputic in that I need to get up every 20 to 30 mins to flip the record over.  Plus the covers and the sound are nostalgic, and IMO better.

Here's what I have re-purchased to date (Maiden and Maiden related).  Some of the covers are less than mint (most are though), but they all play very well, and I'm doing this to listen to them, not build a collection.

Iron Maiden
Women in Uniform Tours 45  12" single
Iron Maiden US Harverst
Killers 1981 US
Maiden Japan EP
Number of the Beast 1982 US
Number of the Beast 7" single
Run to the Hills 7" Picture Disk
Piece of Mind US
The Trooper 7" single
Flight of Icarus 7" single
Powerslave US
Aces High 12" single
2 Minutes to Midnight 12" single
Live After Death US
Somewhere in Time US
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son US
The Evil That Men Do 12" Single
No Prayer For The Dying Red Vinyl
Bring Your Daughter 7" single (Autograph etching)
Fear of the Dark Korea
Real Live One Picture Disk Brazil
Real Dead One Picture Disk Brazil
X-Factor Picture Disk - UK Promo
Virtual XI Picture Disk - UK Promo
Brave New World Picture Disk set
Wicker Man 12" Picture Disk
Rock in Rio Picture Disk set
Beast Over Hammersmith Disk 1 Picture Disk
Beast Over Hammersmith Disk 2 Picture Disk
BBC Archives Disk 1 Picture Disk
BBC Archives Disk 2 Picture Disk
Number of the Beast 12" Single re-issue
Dance of Death Picture Disk set
Rainmaker 7" single blue vinyl
Death on the Road Picture Disk set
A Matter of Life and Death Picture Disk set
Different World 7" Picture Disk
Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 10" Clear Vinyl single
Somewhere Back in Time Picture Disk set
Flight 666 Picture Disk set
The Final Frontier Picture Disk set

Ordered, have not received yet
Out of the Silent Planet 12" single limited Edition
Wasted Years 12" Single
Stranger in a Strange Land 12" single
Maiden England Picture Disk

ASAP
Silver and Gold 7" Clear Vinyl single

Bruce Dickinson
Tattooed Millionaire 12" Poster single
Accident of Birth 12" Red Vinyl single

Samson
Head Tactics 1985 re-release

bearfan said:
back int he day, I had most everything Maiden released on Vinyl up to No Prayer.   Then for various reasons, (mainly I moved a lot, started buying CDs, and got tired of hauling records), I got rid of my record collection.   Last October, I bought a turn table and have been re-purchasing vinyl (and in some cases buying new releases and stuff I never owned). 

I work at home quite a bit and due to soem back problems sitting for long periods of time bothers me, so records are theraputic in that I need to get up every 20 to 30 mins to flip the record over.  Plus the covers and the sound are nostalgic, and IMO better.

Here's what I have re-purchased to date (Maiden and Maiden related).  Some of the covers are less than mint (most are though), but they all play very well, and I'm doing this to listen to them, not build a collection.

Iron Maiden
Women in Uniform Tours 45  12" single
Iron Maiden US Harverst
Killers 1981 US
Maiden Japan EP
Number of the Beast 1982 US
Number of the Beast 7" single
Run to the Hills 7" Picture Disk
Piece of Mind US
The Trooper 7" single
Flight of Icarus 7" single
Powerslave US
Aces High 12" single
2 Minutes to Midnight 12" single
Live After Death US
Somewhere in Time US
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son US
The Evil That Men Do 12" Single
No Prayer For The Dying Red Vinyl
Bring Your Daughter 7" single (Autograph etching)
Fear of the Dark Korea
Real Live One Picture Disk Brazil
Real Dead One Picture Disk Brazil
X-Factor Picture Disk - UK Promo
Virtual XI Picture Disk - UK Promo
Brave New World Picture Disk set
Wicker Man 12" Picture Disk
Rock in Rio Picture Disk set
Beast Over Hammersmith Disk 1 Picture Disk
Beast Over Hammersmith Disk 2 Picture Disk
BBC Archives Disk 1 Picture Disk
BBC Archives Disk 2 Picture Disk
Number of the Beast 12" Single re-issue
Dance of Death Picture Disk set
Rainmaker 7" single blue vinyl
Death on the Road Picture Disk set
A Matter of Life and Death Picture Disk set
Different World 7" Picture Disk
Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 10" Clear Vinyl single
Somewhere Back in Time Picture Disk set
Flight 666 Picture Disk set
The Final Frontier Picture Disk set

Ordered, have not received yet
Out of the Silent Planet 12" single limited Edition
Wasted Years 12" Single
Stranger in a Strange Land 12" single

ASAP
Silver and Gold 7" Clear Vinyl single

Bruce Dickinson
Tattooed Millionaire 12" Poster single
Accident of Birth 12" Red Vinyl single

Samson
Head Tactics 1985 re-release
:blink:

Wow.  All I have is two copies of NOTB and the Flight of Icarus single.

Is Samson worth a listen?

p4warrior said:
:blink:

Wow.  All I have is two copies of NOTB and the Flight of Icarus single.

Is Samson worth a listen?

I think it is a good record, not Maiden good, but I enjoy listening to it.

Wow!  :blink: Alls I have maiden related is POM and LAD and by "have" I mean stolen from my bros collection when he went to uni way back in the day.  B)

Always looking out for more in record stores in town but have yet to come across *any* maiden vinyl! Clearly they are the albums people cant part with! Grrr! Damn them for being so good! Damn them to heck!

Raptor said:
Wow!  :blink: Alls I have maiden related is POM and LAD and by "have" I mean stolen from my bros collection when he went to uni way back in the day.  B)

Always looking out for more in record stores in town but have yet to come across *any* maiden vinyl! Clearly they are the albums people cant part with! Grrr! Damn them for being so good! Damn them to heck!

I have found SIT and Powerslave in stores, eBay and GEMM is where I have gotten the majority of my Maiden stuff.  I have found plenty for other bands I like in stores, for example I just picked up 4 Cheap Trick albums for $1 a piece at Half Priced Books, all play perfectly and the covers are in good shape.

Used record stores are by far the best for finding them cheap but yet in decent condition. On ebay and discogs people know that they can get more.

Just received TFF on vinyl and I'm totally impressed!! 9/10 on packaging and sound quality.

I just found a used record store 2 blocks with my work, and it has over a thousand different old records.  Some totally garbage, but some good stuff too.  Twice a year they have a huge 50 cent sale on the bulk of them.

Wasted CLV said:
I just found a used record store 2 blocks with my work, and it has over a thousand different old records.  Some totally garbage, but some good stuff too.  Twice a year they have a huge 50 cent sale on the bulk of them.

Ugh, i'd never buy 50 cent on vinyl.  You couldn't pay me to listen to that.  :bigsmile:

I have gotten a few good hauls lately.

Wildest Dreams 7" Green vinyl
Man on the Edge 12" Pic Disk
12" Picture Disk Stranger in a Strange Land
12" Single -- Wasted Years
12" Picture Disk -- Out of the Silent Planet
12" Sanctuary (Thatcher cover)
7" single --  Twilight Zone (love the cover on this one, one of Riggs better ones)
12 " Running Free (From Live After Death)
12" Holy Smoke
12" From the 10 Years collection Clairvoyant/Infinite Dreams
Edward the Great

Love my Maiden on vinyl collection.  All mine are the ones I've bought as they came out.  Had to order IM & Killers from a metal catalog back in the day, but still got my NOTB on up to Brave New World on vinyl.  Haven't picked up DoD to TFF yet on vinyl, but will one day.  I don't have a record player that works anymore, so all these sit in storage at this time, and I have them all on CDs of course.  I still love the sound of vinyl, and one day will buy a nice turntable, and bust out the old LPs... they always sound amazing to me.

Up The Irons!!!
Sam :rocker:

spidey99 said:
Love my Maiden on vinyl collection.  All mine are the ones I've bought as they came out.  Had to order IM & Killers from a metal catalog back in the day, but still got my NOTB on up to Brave New World on vinyl.  Haven't picked up DoD to TFF yet on vinyl, but will one day.  I don't have a record player that works anymore, so all these sit in storage at this time, and I have them all on CDs of course.  I still love the sound of vinyl, and one day will buy a nice turntable, and bust out the old LPs... they always sound amazing to me.

Up The Irons!!!
Sam :rocker:

I had mine as they came out (from NOTB to Fear of the Dark), then like a moron got rid of it, not I am re-buying.

Nice collections!

I have:
Aces High single
Live After Death
Running Free live single
Infinite Dreams live single

None of it is in the greatest shape, but it's still cool to have.

wow bearfan thats one hell of a collection..... >>*jealous*
...all i have is Bruce Dickinsons tattooed millionaire wich i happened to find from flea market. planning to get maiden too though. i fricken love vinyls.

bearfan said:
I Maiden -related vinyl, I added
Samson -- Shock Tactics
Dianno   -- Dianno

Wow.  I remember looking all over ebay a few years back with no luck on anything Samson.

Added a few more today

Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter 12" single w/calendar banner included
Run to the Hills 12" Picture disc  From Live After Death --- love the flip-side with the Phantom of the Opera Eddie)
Bootleg -- Roskilde 2003

Bruce Dickinson -- Dive! Dive! Live!  12" Picture Disk.

I got rid of my old vinyl when I brought a CD player (sometime in between the release of Seventh Son and No Prayer) and I do regret it now. The problem I had was similar to yours - lugging them about everywhere, I could not keep it from getting damaged.

But I had some rarities - stuff I will possibly never find again.

I have thought about getting them back, but personally, I have them all on CD and I would rather get other CD's than more vinyl. However, anything they release on vinyl (i.e. the odd single over the last 10 years or so) that has stuff not available in CD format, I get it.

I have still have a copy of Live After Death on vinyl, that I left on the parcel rack in my parents car in the sun as a teenager, and it warped out of shape. I managed to flatten some of it out with a wet towell an iron, and incredibly, it stills plays on my old turn table without jumping, with the aid of a 10c piece blu-takked on the needle arm. Vinyl is king.

Back