MAIDEN TRIVIA OF THE DAY

View attachment 14125

MAIDEN TRIVIA OF THE DAY SPECIAL – THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST

As soon as the band began recording 'The Number Of The Beast' (the incarnation of Evil, the Beast, 666), equipment which had proved totally reliable through-out eight months of a world tour started to behave mysteriously. Steve Harris' bass stack blew up and Dave Murray's guitar stack kept cutting out at irregular intervals. Then, as producer Martin Birch finally got ready to mix the track, he was involved in a car crash on his way home from the studio. When the bill for the repairs arrived a few days later, the fee was £ 666.66. Following this, the band decided to change the British catalogue number of the album, originally set at EMC 0666. They felt they had had enough of a warning…

Welcome to the special Maiden Trivia Of The Day, celebrating the 39th Anniversary of The Number Of The Beast album! Today I bring you 6-6-7 trivia facts about the album that you may not know… So here we go!

1. 'Invaders' the last songs composed for the album because the band realised that they needed one more song to fill the track list.

2. Paul Samson from SAMSON (Bruce previous band before joining Maiden) stated in an interview that Maiden had stolen the riff for 'Children Of The Damned' and that was to be used in a song called 'Last Times In The World'.

3. During the support tour for the Skunkworks album 'The Prisoner' was incorporated into the set list, making it the first time, since becoming a full solo artist, that Bruce included a song from Maiden.

4. The common Maiden fan says that '22 Acacia Avenue' was a rework of a song that Adrian played during his Urchin years and that was called 'Countdown, get ready,' however, this is not true. First of all the song that almost everybody says was the base for '22AA' is really called 'Countdown', and secondly, the song that serves as the musical base for '22AA' was in fact a song that comes from Adrian's time in Evil Ways and was called… You're gonna have to find out in the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST on sale today at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

5. When Doogie White auditioned for Maiden in 95, he messed up the beginning of the song.

6. Although most fans would say that 'Run To The Hills' is the song that is Maiden's most played song, it is, as a matter of fact the fifth most played song.

7. There are more than 50 extra trivia facts to be learned about this album in the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST which is on sale today, don't miss this opportunity!
5.How to you listen Audition Audio??
and Can Upload Clansman Demo or You Have Maiden Rare Demo?

5.How to you listen Audition Audio??
and Can Upload Clansman Demo or You Have Maiden Rare Demo?
5. I spoke with Dougie about his audition for what will be my fourth book.

No, I can't upload the demo because I don't have it. Maiden demos aren't easily to get so I can't share the ones I have (there aren't many)

5. I spoke with Dougie about his audition for what will be my fourth book.

No, I can't upload the demo because I don't have it. Maiden demos aren't easily to get so I can't share the ones I have (there aren't many)
You have work in progress tracks?
Or a certain YouTube Uploader says they have a work in progress tracks such as TROOPER or Powerslave.etc do you have it or have you heard of it?
It is very clear from this thread that you are very knowledgeable!

Last edited:
You have work in progress tracks?
Or a certain YouTube Uploader says they have a work in progress tracks such as TROOPER or Powerslave.etc do you have it or have you heard of it?
It is very clear from this thread that you are very knowledgeable!
Those work in progress tracks are actually the isolated drums, guitar, vocals, bass tracks that someone was able to pull out from video games like guitar hero and the such... and yes, I have heard them. Sound great!

Those work in progress tracks are actually the isolated drums, guitar, vocals, bass tracks that someone was able to pull out from video games like guitar hero and the such... and yes, I have heard them. Sound great!
4:32
Where did you get this story about Steve jumping on the security guard, and since it was an interview circa 2000, does that mean it was on the BMW tour? or Another Tour?
Does anyone know or have any footage of the show or when it took place?

5. For the third time in their career, the album was recorded at Guillaume Tell Studio in Paris, France keeping up with the tradition that started in 1983 of recording at least 3 albums in the same studio. Note: They have only broken this tradition with The Final Frontier which was recorded at Compass Point Studios, making it the only time Maiden has used the same studio more than 3 times.
I wouldn't like to nitpick, but they recorded the debut album in London Kingsway Studios and 7th Son somewhere in Münich I believe, and used both places only once. Plus the London Battery and Sarm Studios both twice (Killers + TNOTB for former two and DOD + AMOLAD for latter).
And they recorded guitars, maybe synths and vocals of SIT in Holland I believe. Unless you meant 3 times or more. Sorry for mild unclearness of this comment.

Last edited:
4:32
Where did you get this story about Steve jumping on the security guard, and since it was an interview circa 2000, does that mean it was on the BMW tour? or Another Tour?
Does anyone know or have any footage of the show or when it took place?
I'm quite sure that if Steve did that it wasn't in 2000. The space between the band and audience by year 2000 was just to wide (and the risk of Steve jumping into the crowd) is just too much. Having said this, it must have been between 82 and 87.

In all my years of research I haven't found any account about Steve jumping into the crowd, however, I have heard many stories about him stopping or shouting at guards in the early days of the band.

I'm quite sure that if Steve did that it wasn't in 2000. The space between the band and audience by year 2000 was just to wide (and the risk of Steve jumping into the crowd) is just too much. Having said this, it must have been between 82 and 87.

In all my years of research I haven't found any account about Steve jumping into the crowd, however, I have heard many stories about him stopping or shouting at guards in the early days of the band.

It is probably just a case of Bruce exaggerating/talking bollocks (take your pick) as usual.

It is probably just a case of Bruce exaggerating/talking bollocks (take your pick) as usual.
LOL. It could be. Now that you mention it, I also don't know when Bruce has jumped into the crowd. He, however, did got agressive with a guard during a 1983 gig and was arrested, as he says, at the end of the concert on the following year because the security guard did press charges.

Do you know anything about (Run to the hills) in this insta post of Kevin's?
I know that wrathchild was recorded by Kevin with Bruce Dickinson in 1999 and became a single, but is run to the hills in there somewhere?

LOL. It could be. Now that you mention it, I also don't know when Bruce has jumped into the crowd. He, however, did got agressive with a guard during a 1983 gig and was arrested, as he says, at the end of the concert on the following year because the security guard did press charges.
Actually, Harris jumped on a security guy who was beting a fan. Can't remember when exactly, but he told the story himself and said he soon got help from the crew because the uy was huge.

@Luisma any chance of adapting your trivia books to audiobook and throwing them onto Audible or other avenues? If hiring a narrator, etc. isn't an option, most online retailers accept AI narration, with Amazon being the most recent with their Virtual Voice program.

@Luisma any chance of adapting your trivia books to audiobook and throwing them onto Audible or other avenues? If hiring a narrator, etc. isn't an option, most online retailers accept AI narration, with Amazon being the most recent with their Virtual Voice program.
Wow I have never thought about that! So, thank you for the idea. I will consider it and think if there's a way to make it somewhat entretaining. Thank you really for the great idea!

Back