Maiden Tribute ´Iron - Made In Germany´

geradeaus

Prowler
Hi guys,

I started a new band project, and after so many years just playing some Maiden songs from time to time, I got together with some real Maiden fanatics who are also
excellent musicians to finally start off a Maiden Tribute band.
The band name is a reference to ´Maiden England´. Pun intended! We got together some original equipment like Adrian´s and Dave´s guitars and also Gallien Krueger
guitar amps they´ve bee using in the late 80s.

I´d like some comments on our very first gig. I did all the sound files (Churchill´speech, Mariner, etc.) and also did the video editing. We only had one fixed cam.
We are very fault-finding ourselves, so do not hesitate to give some ideas for future gigs (critical - yes, insulting - maybe not  ;-) )

Pt.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzC_erNewIY

Pt.2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi1_m4cs3Wo

Cheers

Marco

:ok:

Coming from Hamburg I've seen the great German cover bands Iron Priest & Powerslave playing Maiden
tunes a few times before. They have always been awesome!

And after watching your videos now I must say: absolutely awesome, too!
I really like it a lot!
Especially the vocals are outstanding! Fabulous voice on all the songs!

In comparisopn to the above mentioned, the only thing I'm missing is
a bit more action on stage...

But overall, keep up the great work!

If you'd play in Hamburg I'd definitely be there!

:edmetal:

Wow. The singer has an extremely good range!

I can only say: good luck and all the best with the future gigs!

You guys sound great, I'd part with hard earned money to check out your show. C'mon over to western Canada and do a B circuit tour... you'll pack 'em in...

We´re still trying to force our singer to quit being a surgeon and eventually switch to a pilot job. At least fencing would be nice...
If we succeed we need exact GPS coordinates for that Canada gig!

Seeing how that is your first gig, I think it's pretty good. There are a few fuckups here and there, but I don't think anyone will expect a perfect performance on the first go. However, I think that the Where Eagles Dare part sounded a bit uncoordinated, that one might require a bit more practice. My biggest criticism is purely a matter of taste - I'm afraid I don't like your singer. He's got the range alright, but I don't think he sounds anything like Bruce. As someone noted on Youtube, he sounds more like Michael Kiske (or LaBrie, apparently). I don't think that apart from the range, Kiske and Bruce have anything in common, and it sounds out of place in my ears. But I am fully aware that this is a minority opinion, so don't let that put you off. Anyway, I'm not a musician, so take my opinion and dump it if you like. ;) If you guys ever play anywhere near Berlin, I'll be sure to catch you!

This is really awesome. The singer is incredible! sounds a bit like the singer in Helloween.

One of the best cover bands i have heard!

Keep up the good work!  :rocker:

Hey Perun,

still appreciating your criticism, that´s what we asked for. You´re right about some fuck-ups. The first gig shouldn´t be the
best performance anyway. What would you be reaching for if that´s already the best you could give...  :smartarse:

Regarding the reference to Kiske: I don´t know how old you are, but you might remember the rumours surrounding Dickinson in 89-90 about
quitting Iron Maiden. His replacement supposed to be Michael Kiske. But in the end, big surprise to everybody, Adrian quit.

So imagine yourself in a parallele universe when watching our video  :D

And still considering to check us out live, I appreciate your criticism even more.

i think the singer sounds more like James Labree with a German accent but an amazing tenor voice and the other band members are amazing as well.

Hey Travis,

the original idea was to form a Tribute Band. Original music is for fun, tribute is for fun and audience ;-)

All I can say... A LOT OF AWESOME STUFF COMING OUT OF GERMANY!!!!

Excellent job.....( I used to be in a maiden cover band here in Quebec, Canada about 10 years ago and I know the pressures of being RIGHT-ON when you are a tribute band)

AWESOME!!!!!!

Back