Maiden Tour 2014 (SPOILER TAGS REQUIRED WITHIN)

I'm just saying that, if you are going to make a claim, get your facts right. Although I don't know what MaidenFC666's claim was, his post was unreadable to me, as all of his posts are.

I'm just saying that, if you are going to make a claim, get your facts right. Although I don't know what MaidenFC666's claim was, his post was unreadable to me, as all of his posts are.

I've asked him to use paragraphs and spaces in his posts before, I guess he didn't care for it.

its also on the official website now!!!First News for 2014 published: Nov 26, 2013 maiden will be headlining one of the nights at the massive rock am ring and rock im park festivals in germany between thursday june 5 and monday June 9 the other headliners are metallica kings of leon and linkin park. tickets go on sale wednesday November 27th.for ticketing and other details click here.there will be more information and further announcements very soon… watch this space... that’s all we can say for now! i don't like the rock am ringrock im park festivals very much so I'm looking forward to further announcements this thread is only 26 minutes old and already on page 2. sure, open the floodgates.what, no excitement about a new maiden tour?i'll say this because it will inevitably be brought up the picture on the website is no indicator of whether this will be a continuation of maiden england or not. when the first maiden england gigs were announced they had a final frontier tour live picture on the website simply because that was the most recent one.I just went back and checked the first summer gigs for 2010 were announced on 09. december 2009. the final frontier was announced on 04. march 2010 along with a US tour that came before the already announced european summer tour. just for those who want to draw parallels.okay, it's settled. i'm going to get my rock im park ticket next month.they're major rock festivals that are as commercial as they get. apart from maiden and metallica there will probably be one or two further metal bands and the rest is filled with anything from hip hop to hipster indie synth pop.i've never had more hope that a rumour is true.i'll admit it that's a bummer.of course i'll be going too. i'm not that optimistic about the setlist changes though.that is a very good question.my fourth grade class teacher was called dickson.no, her first name was not bruce.that is quite an interesting statement.didn't you already post that?will I have to do all the work by myself?my head hurts.five question marks are like an air-raid siren on a hangover to me right now.yeah right. i'll just take a painkiller and lie down in bed to whither away in agony.i feel discriminated against.nein.what the... what?summer 2010 was not announced as another leg of the preceding tour.true, but what constitutes a surprise anyway?what makes powerslave a given?that could mean anything.suppose they keep moonchild prisoner phantom, seventh son clairvoyant and aces high in the setlist and never play them again afterwards then that prophecy is fulfilled.i don't know the changing of the setlist isn't the main subject of the press release is it?it was more of a side note saying they'll change the setlist around a little.that could mean anything from replacing two tunes to completely revamping it.further in the last time fans will EVER hear some of these songs played live some can mean anything from two songs to three quarters of the setlist.we're getting way too deep into interpreting this.priest have invented all those cliches.all of these have been played live.i'm just saying that if you are going to make a claim get your facts right.although I don't know what maidenfc666's claim was his post was unreadable to me as all of his posts are.
I find Perun's posts just the same.

The only thing I could hope for if SIT really does get ditched is to cover songs from their last 4 studio albums.... BNW is one of the best maiden albums ever! I'd love to hear songs from that again as well as from DOD, AMOLAD, and FF.... All great albums that seem to have no play after their promoting tour. I was glad to hear Ghost of the Navigator and Brave New World during the Final Frontier tour. I want them again along with Dream of Mirrors or The Thin Line Between Love and Hate..... They should do a tour of the 2000s. :)

They won't be doing anything recent, read the press releases, and they did a 2000s tour in 2010.

I remember them doing a lot of new material during Final Frontier tour as I previously stated. I hope that during these upcoming festivals they really break out some rarities; and make a live album of them. I was sadly disappointed in 2012 when they failed to play Infinite Dreams.... They need to drop a lot of songs that they play all of the time.... I was surprised that they dropped Hallowed last tour.. They need to drop Fear of the Dark. They need to drop Number of the Beast. They need to drop 2 Minutes to Midnight. They need to drop Run to the Hills. They have been played on literally every tour, have appeared on nearly every live album, ect. Maiden do seem to be appearing as a nostalgia band as far as their set list goes... I'd love to hear (and I'm sure many others) songs they never played or only played on the supporting tour... It seems they please the commercial audience and not the hardcore ones.... (who know all of the albums and songs and not just the commercial NOTB songs). The only treats from the Maiden England tour was hearing SSOASS and The Prisoner live. I had already heard everything else and didn't care to hear Afraid to Shoot Strangers... I have been on every tour since BVW back in 2000 when my uncle took me and I got hooked onto them. :) Always thank him for that...

They need to drop Fear of the Dark. They need to drop Number of the Beast. They need to drop 2 Minutes to Midnight. They need to drop Run to the Hills. They have been played on literally every tour, have appeared on nearly every live album.
I agree that they need to drop 'Fear of the Dark' and 'The Number of the Beast', but not '2 Minutes to Midnight' and 'Run to the Hills'. The latter wasn't played when I saw them in 2006, 2010 or 2011.

They are rather likely to play:

Running Free
Phantom Of The Opera
Iron Maiden
Wrathchild
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Revelations
The Trooper
Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
Wasted Years
Can I Play With Madness
The Evil That Men Do
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant
Fear Of The Dark

I apologize about my posts i use my phone sometimes paragraphs come through, im sorry when they dont.

My point was about the whole "wanna hear rare metallica" bit, i used Maiden songs to explain it better thus mention songs like 2am. A whole setlist filled with songs played rarely or never would be boring even as a huge fan.

As for Maidens setlist im not bothered, i saw en at Download, watched the RiR set and will be seeing them at Knebworth. My guess is theyl put Powerslave, Heaven Can Wait, Hallowed, Prowler and Children of the Damned in. But like Bruce said this is gonna be last time some of the songs will be played, so why not see them again one last time.

I don't see Infinite Dreams happening. I hope it gets played, but I'd be extremely surprised.

we can all have our fingers crossed and hope for what we want...... Reality often times sucks though... Infinite Dreams would be a must add if they switch some songs... but they really do need to drop a lot of the songs that have been played to death!

Back