Maiden Tour 2014 (SPOILER TAGS REQUIRED WITHIN)

Not really that surprising really...I expect the same thing to happen if Maiden did this. The big general masses usually decides these kind of things...And they just want to hear the classics

When you do vote bear in mind that most other people haven't used their imaginations: http://metallicabyrequest.com/results.php?s=61 :down:

Whiskey in the Jar?

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I bought my ticket on Monday. When you vote for Metallica's setlist make sure you vote for some alternative songs instead of the usual suspects.

I've seen them six times and I've only felt underwhelmed once.

Im gonna vote for a few alternatives, i know which 17 songs im gonna vote for. Im not gonna throw in the alternatives just because though, id still rather hear songs like Orion or Kthulu over songs like Astronomy or Human. I hope people start upping No Leaf Clover though, i might be one of the few but i really like that song.

I dont mean under whelmed i just mean, when you compare the stage show to Maidens its not impressive. Where as the most recent Megadeth tour with their new screen things add to it, plus their light show seems to of improved as well.

They've covered Maiden, haven't they....would that be cheeky?

They did Remember Tomorrow which is almost on one of the setlists jsut cant remember which. Its a good cover though, Id like to hear them play it live so hope it does get onto one of the sets.

Their Remember Tomorrow wasn't bad.

Whiskey in the Jar is good too.

For Metallica, it's too bad that mostly overplayed classics are getting voted for. I'm sure if Maiden did the same thing, we'd see the same though.

Also, too bad Megadeth are only playing 13 songs on their most recent tour. with only 2 opening acts, they should be playing at least 16.

When i saw Megadeth they played 18 songs including Cold Sweat that included a 10 minute delay (dunno what reason Dave gave), was a great gig was in June however i have no idea who or if they had support.

I dont mean under whelmed i just mean, when you compare the stage show to Maidens its not impressive.
That's not a fair comparison to make. :p Megadeth's music is gritty and aggressive so wouldn't work with a stage show where as Iron Maiden's music can be dramatic and theatrical. I really enjoy seeing Megadeth and Testament live because their performances are really intense right from the start.

Not good enough to be played on a request show.
I think you're missing the point. :p You can't dictate to the ticket buyers what's good enough to be requested because then it's not a request show. This is about what the ticket buyers want to see (and unfortunately most of them want the same old setlist) not what the best songs are.

I think with stuff like "what the best songs are" its very debatable especially with a requests show. First off, not everyone who buys the ticket will vote so imagine if your going wanting the classics and end up with St Anger in its entirety or the vast majority are songs from after the first 5 Metallica albums. Second, everyone has different taste i personally dont want to hear what a lot of people want just because its never been played before. I mean il put this in a Maiden situation, i wouldnt want a setlist with The Educated Fool, Como Estais Amigo, The Edge of Darkness, 2 AM, The Unbeliever, Weekend Warrior, The Apparation, Strange World, Purgatory, Twilight Zone, Fates Warning, Mother Russia all in one setlist just because theyve never been played before. Yeah one or two would be cool but a whole setlist made up of it? No. Itd get boring easily. A whole setlist made up of songs metallica have never played in my eyes (i have seen Tallica 3 times, have all tallica albums) would be horrible, put 2/3 in then fine theres still 14 other songs to wow the crowd with would be more entertaining.

I think you're missing the point. :p You can't dictate to the ticket buyers what's good enough to be requested because then it's not a request show. This is about what the ticket buyers want to see (and unfortunately most of them want the same old setlist) not what the best songs are.

There are so many good Metallica songs that don't get played often. What's the point of asking for Whiskey in the Jar? I think it's nothing special. I'm not dictating anyone anything, I seriously doubt ticket holders are going to come here, read my posts and change their minds.

Nevertheless, it would be a surprise if one of them was played next year. For the last three, it must be ages since they were played, and I've never heard them live.

Back