Maiden settles the Hallowed Be Thy Name claim in full

"and it makes me want to cry, I throw my hands up to the sky" has to exist previously as well. It sounds exactly like the bit in a boyband ballad where they are all sitting on stools and then the emotional words force them all to stand up.
I can definitely imagine Boyzone or Westlife doing that at the key change for the final chorus.

OK. At present, apparently, some information is sub-judice, and some is not; so considering how vehemently many of you have insulted Barry McKay, I want to put the record straight and get everyone reading from the same hymnbook.
I've been informed that Barry is representing two ex. members of Iron Maiden, absolutely free of charge, and will even cover any costs should they be awarded against them. Donations will be made to a Newcastle children's cancer charity out of any damages they receive rather than go to Barry.
History: While he was managing Lindisfarne, Barry recovered full ownership of all their, and Alan Hull's publishing rights from a dishonest publisher. It made Barry no money, but very happy.
He has made something of a crusade out of taking on the big guys (and winning); for example, he took on EMI on behalf of a musician one time, and not only was judgement in his favour, but it actually created positive new case law for recording artists. He is 100% pro. artists and was not happy having to go against Steve Harris, but intimidation simply strengthens his resolve. If Steve has his name on songs written, or co-written by others, then it is only a matter of time before the truth comes out.
OK, I know I am banging the drum for Barry (I am a drummer of course) but I was distressed by the vicious attacks on his character, simply because he won a legal battle against Rod Smallwood et al. It could just as easily have been (and probably has been) the other way round, with Rod protecting the rights of one of his clients; then, of course, he would be the conquering hero. Swings and roundabouts Folks.

"I am now also representing three other songwriters who also allege that Steve Harris and Dave Murray have profiteered from lyrics that they wrote."
I wonder if one of the three other songwriters is Paul di'Anno.
If ex-Maiden members, then rather people from pre-Di'Anno era I guess.
I've been informed that Barry is representing two ex. members of Iron Maiden, absolutely free of charge, and will even cover any costs should they be awarded against them. Donations will be made to a Newcastle children's cancer charity out of any damages they receive rather than go to Barry.
This is interesting.

OK. At present, apparently, some information is sub-judice, and some is not; so considering how vehemently many of you have insulted Barry McKay, I want to put the record straight and get everyone reading from the same hymnbook.

Thanks for this. I wonder what proof he might have about those two ex-members having co-written anything (I would guess they are Paul Day and Dennis Wilcock) apart from their word. The Beckett case was much clearer unless they have any documents showing the did indeed co-write the songs later credited to Steve alone.

OK, I know I am banging the drum for Barry (I am a drummer of course) but I was distressed by the vicious attacks on his character, simply because he won a legal battle against Rod Smallwood et al. It could just as easily have been (and probably has been) the other way round, with Rod protecting the rights of one of his clients; then, of course, he would be the conquering hero. Swings and roundabouts Folks.

Some people might have been somewhat cynical about his motives without being in the know like you are...

This is very strange. Why would then he say the things he did in that statement that was linked a few pages back?

Also, why sue Maiden twice for charity, while there are easier bands to sue, with far more obvious music/lyrical plagiarizing? Why suing Maiden instead of Barton?

It has to be something on a personal level between Rod/Steve/Someone in Maiden camp and McKay.

Fair enough and thanks for the clarification, but this is still bothering me: in your first post on this forum (quoted below so people can "zip" across to them if they wish) you state unequivocally that Bob Barton wrote the song. You then reiterated this in post #15, also on page 1, and in post #36 on page 2 you tell us that you were "with Bob when he was crafting that song", and also add that you were sharing a house at the time. You didn't mention Brian Quinn/Ingram at any point.

As I understand it this lawsuit arose because it turned out that Bob Barton did not write that song. Sorry but I can't shake my impression that there's something else going on here.
What you say is perfectly correct but I'm afraid I can't comment.

"and it makes me want to cry, I throw my hands up to the sky" has to exist previously as well. It sounds exactly like the bit in a boyband ballad where they are all sitting on stools and then the emotional words force them all to stand up.

"Put your hands in the air/Waive them like you just don't care". That's similar! I'm sure his of hip hop hop bands will sue.

I stand corrected; I thought he was their road manager.
Hey, no need to apologise; I had absolutely no idea who he was, and kept hearing various suggestions such as manager, road-manager, company promotion rep, agent, etc etc. Finally, it turned out he was our agent; although it would not surprise me if he responded and said he was something else. For the moment, officially, he was our agent.

Back