Maiden settles the Hallowed Be Thy Name claim in full

I’m intrigued as to which other songs the nefarious Harris/Murray duo have been copying other songs with like this member of Beckett says.
This is all the lyrics I can find for Beckett: https://www.elyricsworld.com/beckett_lyrics.html I can't see anything else in there that also appears in an Iron Maiden song, so perhaps it's more about musical parts.

Why, pray, is McKay even involved in this? Actual members of Beckett deserve credit for their work and payment is a fair thing to ask. Their own lawyers can arrange that. McKay is just an unnecessary middleman.
*prays*
McKay is Quinn's publisher/agent, so knows what he's doing.

266yqy.jpg

They had to pay to avoid trial.

Afraid ! Afraid to Lose Court Case !

Agreed, some of the justifications from Steve are pretty shocking and show that he and Rod need to eat some humble pie. One that has costed them £900000, to be more precise.

setlist on the bootleg is

sanctuary
wrathchild
run to the hills
remember tomorrow
genghis khan
killers
another life
the prisoner
running free
murders in the rue morgue
phantom of the opera
iron maiden
transylvania

Doesn't one of the bootlegs of that gig also include a version of Hallowed be Thy Name played during the soundcheck?

*prays*
McKay is Quinn's publisher/agent, so knows what he's doing.
Does this mean he's now going to befriend and become publisher/agent for ex members of White Spirit on condition that he gets a cut of whatever royalties he manages to extract re their work? I agree that a longer term manager could justifiably express more convincing sympathies with their client's cause, but this guy just comes across as a leech.

Why, pray, is McKay even involved in this? Actual members of Beckett deserve credit for their work and payment is a fair thing to ask. Their own lawyers can arrange that. McKay is just an unnecessary middleman.
McKay is doing it on behalf of Quinn aka Ingham. Perhaps Quinn did not feel comfortable or well enough (equipped) to do this himself. McKay has more experience in such cases. What is unnecessary about it? It works, doesn't it?

It's what I said before. The case was already settled between Maiden and Barton. Barton deceived Maiden into believing that he was the only one damaged. Barton was the one at wrong here, but instead of taking Barton to court, McKay saw an opportunity to milk Maiden of 900,000 pounds (and stating he had expected more), and is already hoping he can make more. Whatever wrong there was in the beginning of this from Maiden's side by plagiarising another song is overshadowed completely by McKay's behaviour, and I'd better not state my opinion on him in public.
"Whatever wrong there was" ?

This is about Quinn, people. I don't read much about him on the last few pages. It's all here:
http://metaltalk.net/news_seventeen/hallowed_be_thy_claim.php

Last edited:
If it's the choice of the one who seeks justice, why would we bother that much? "Just" a middleman but if he serves the purpose, what's wrong?

It's too easy to say that Quinn should have settled with Barton and leave Maiden alone. Big chance that was not justifiable enough (Quinn wrote a much larger part of the song!) so we cannot easily blame Quinn from looking at Maiden. The point was taking this away from secrecy. Some admitting had to be done from the Maiden camp.

edited: changed Barlow into Barton

Last edited:
If it's the choice of the one who seeks justice, why would we bother that much? "Just" a middleman but if he serves the purpose, what's wrong?

It's to easy to say that Quinn should have settled with Barlow and leave Maiden alone. Perhaps that was not justifiable enough (Quinn wrote a much larger part of the song!) so we cannot easily blame Quinn from looking at Maiden.
I think you mean Barton. Matt Barlow had nothing to do with this. :p

^ yes. I uploaded it some time ago

Thanks, I think I even have that bootleg at home.

So Steve allegedly claimed to have written the song in early 1982, using those lines as guide lyrics to be replaced later, yet those "guide lyrics" were already being used in 1981...

Someone's been telling porkies... :lol:

Thanks, I think I even have that bootleg at home.

So Steve allegedly claimed to have written the song in early 1982, using those lines as guide lyrics to be replaced later, yet those "guide lyrics" were already being used in 1981...

Someone's been telling porkies... :lol:

23rd December 1981, hardly a huge amount of time difference between that and early 1982. 8 days to be precise.

"Whatever wrong there was" ?

This is about Quinn, people. I don't read much about him on the last few pages. It's all here:
http://metaltalk.net/news_seventeen/hallowed_be_thy_claim.php

Quinn was credited for Life's Shadow. Presumably if his lyrics were so great and so important to Hallowed then surely Life's Shadow would have made as much money as Hallowed did.

Steve shouldn't have used two lines of bad lyrics, but it's outrageous that these shysters get 900k for it.

Back