Maiden have not returned!

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Iron Maiden's VODAFONE Nomination For 'Best Live Return' Is Withdrawn

Jason Gregory of Gigwise.com reports that Iron Maiden have asked for their nomination in the "Best Live Return" category at the Vodafone Live Music Awards to be withdrawn.

In a message on their web site, the band told people not to cast votes for them because they "are not quite sure where we are returning from.

"We have asked them to remove us from the nominations and they have done this," the message adds.

The band was nominated alongside The Verve, Spice Girls and Led Zeppelin for its concert at Twickenham stadium in London.

The Vodafone Live Music Awards ceremony will take place at the Brixton Academy in London on September 18.

-----
That's the spirit! :)

No reunion!
No comeback!
No return!
No bullshit!

Up the Irons!

It's absolutely clear that these Vodafone people have no idea about anything Maiden since Maiden was never gone and thus cannot "return" from anything. So if you please, why should Maiden accept a nomination or even a prize from such ignorant organizers? They don't haveto, and so voila.

I find it extremely amusing the IMFC decided to mis-spell Vodafone, Vodaphone.

Im not the only one am I? Am I?  :S

"Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years..."
-LL Cool J

Playing the devil's advocate, even the band has conceded that they are more popular now than at any time since the mid 1980s.  Call it a "return" to sold-out stadiums worldwide.  While they no doubt have been able to fill large venues in places like Brazil all along,  five years ago there was no way in hell they'd have sold 30,000+ tickets in Los Angeles like they did this summer (plus another 12,000 at the Forum a few months before).  By comparison, on the Virtual Xi tour, when they came to L.A., they played one night at the Universal Amphitheater, which seats about 6,000.  And, I'd wager they didn't sell it out.  That's roughly seven times more fans than they played to ten years ago.  I'd call that a comeback.  A big one. 

They're selling so well just because of the nature of the current tour.  I bet the next album tour won't have them playing to stadiums worldwide.

cornfedhick said:
"Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years..."
-LL Cool J

Playing the devil's advocate, even the band has conceded that they are more popular now than at any time since the mid 1980s.  Call it a "return" to sold-out stadiums worldwide.  While they no doubt have been able to fill large venues in places like Brazil all along,  five years ago there was no way in hell they'd have sold 30,000+ tickets in Los Angeles like they did this summer (plus another 12,000 at the Forum a few months before).  By comparison, on the Virtual Xi tour, when they came to L.A., they played one night at the Universal Amphitheater, which seats about 6,000.  And, I'd wager they didn't sell it out.  That's roughly seven times more fans than they played to ten years ago.  I'd call that a comeback.  A big one. 

Any current metal band sells more in the USA than in the nineties, but indeed, Maiden is still growing.

Invader said:
They're selling so well just because of the nature of the current tour.  I bet the next album tour won't have them playing to stadiums worldwide.

I agree that it is the nostalgic nature of the current tours that have bolstered ticket sales...

Actually, two fifths of Maiden have returned. Almost 10 years ago.

But I have one caveat...anybody remember the remasters issued back in 2002? It had a small leaflet in it that was a promo for Rock in Rio called "Return of the Beast"? Who put that in there then if they have'nt returned?

Invader, they left the classic lineup which consisted of five members. Two classic lineuppers were missing, thus 2/5.

I'm not discrediting Janick in any way. I think this is the best Maiden line-up ever.

Okay, two fifths just seemed like intentionally leaving Janick out.  But I see where you're coming from.

Fun with math!

2/5 of the band left at one time... 2/5 = 40%.
When they returned, they became 2/6 of the band... 2/6 = 33 1/3 %.

Where did the other 6 2/3 % go? Was it Rod Smallwood's cut for managing the band? Or did Bruce and H lose 6 2/3 % of their body weight? Perhaps that was the portion of the band that was attributable to Bruce's long hair before he cut it.

It was 6 2/3 % because Adrian Smith says it was 6 2/3 %.  In fact, 6 2/3 is the meaning of life according to Adrian Smith.

Adrian Smith can't return, because Adrian Smith can't depart. Adrian Smith exists in all points of space-time continuum. Therefore, he didn't go away. What you're deducing as Adrian's departure in 1991, is only effect of quantum tunneling applied by H himself. Why? Only H himself knows.

Which brings me to this, now when we're in quantum physics department :

Adrian Smith can compensate Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.  :D

Zare said:
Adrian Smith can't return, because Adrian Smith can't depart. Adrian Smith exists in all points of space-time continuum. Therefore, he didn't go away. What you're deducing as Adrian's departure in 1991, is only effect of quantum tunneling applied by H himself. Why? Only H himself knows.

Which brings me to this, now when we're in quantum physics department :

Adrian Smith can compensate Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.  :D

Adrian Smith also knows how to close the gap between quantum physics and the general theory of relativity. More precisely, he knows a better theory but doesn't want to tell the researchers because they can not comprehend it  :D

Back