Maiden Fan Art (load time warning)

I think that the style's a bit TOO cartoony for Maiden, but then again they seem to be open for anything that they can slap the logo on these days. It's well done, and extremely well painted. You did the clouds extremely accurate to Riggs' style.

It's nice but it has (I think) the same flaws as the DOTR artwork : Eddie just looks like some random zombie....

On another note, the sun and clouds reminds me of the Flight Of Icarus artwork.

Great piece, mate! Maybe not as refined as your previous artworks but very good all the same!

Beautiful, if I may use the word in connection to Eddie. I've used it as wallpaper, hope it's o.k.

I've used all your paintings as wallpapers but I should have asked for permission. Can I ?

amazing work! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think it's time we start a fan motion to get Maiden to consider Tap for the next album's artwork.

Hey , thanks guys !

I understand a few of the crits here , but realize that I quickly came up with the layout and was literally inking parts of this before the pencils were even done so there are alot of goofs and it was completed in less than 24 hours...I'm no Frank Frazetta ! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

As for the "cartoony" thing . That baffles me a bit since practically ALL of Riggs work has a cartoony feel to it...sort of a realist/animation style. I'd rather see the work look like this rather than whats been done recently , yeah?....Kind of giving it the "old School" feel , you know?

BTW , I hope everyone over there in the UK are handling the bombings....That stuff really pissed me off.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jul 8 2005, 09:42 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jul 8 2005, 09:42 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think it's time we start a fan motion to get Maiden to consider Tap for the next album's artwork.
[snapback]111470[/snapback]​
[/quote]
In all honesty, I don't think that would be effective. Many "fans" from the IMBB would be more likely to support one of their own subhuman kind. And there's more of them than us.

However, I do agree that Tap's artwork - especially his Eddies - should be brought to the attention of Rod Smallwood somehow. It would be nice if Tap were at least seriously considered next time Maiden needs an Eddie. I assume that this would be most effectively accomplished by some sort of agent, working through business channels. I don't know enough about how art commissions work to make any further guesses.

The only thing I could think of is to send some mail to Sanctuary and hope it gets routed correctly and read by someone who matters. Anyone have a better plan?

See theres one step on the road to fame [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jul 9 2005, 12:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jul 9 2005, 12:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] And there's more of them than us.
[snapback]111534[/snapback]​
[/quote]

True, but our total IQ doubles theirs.

Thanks guys....I'll be posting a few pieces for the Clive fund sometime next weekend or soon after.
The Italian fanzine looks cool...ONE OF my SIT Eddies pieces would work great on that.

[!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Tap, I have a suggestion, throw it out if you don't like it, since I'm not one to try and muscle in on an artist's right to how they...do what it is artists do. But I think that it's pretty obvious that every different Eddie-drawing-person has their own Eddie style, especially in the face...I think that you should create your own Eddie, and move away from the classic Riggs-style. I seriously, 100% believe you have the talent to be the next designer of Maiden covers, and this one drawing just illustrates to me how talented you are. I think the key is being similar but different, because I'm sure Maiden doesn't want any problems with Riggsy suing or anything...

Like I said, just a suggestion.

As for mail - if someone had an idea on where we could send them, I'd say everyone print out a colour copy of a selected Tap work, and mail it (snail mail) to Sanctuary. The more we send, the better chance it has of getting noticed.

Two good ideas from Loosey there. Maybe we could have a page with various tap drawings that can be printed easily.

Back