Maiden discs won't play!

MaidenCanada

Trooper
So this afternoon I was trying to rip my Maiden CDs to mp3 format, and 3 of my Maiden albums won't even show up on the CD drive on my computer: Piece of Mind, No Prayer, and Fear of the Dark.

These CDs also don't play on my new home theater system, my car CD player, nor my work computer. These are the 1998 releases (which I also bought back in 1998), so they shouldn't have any copy protection on them. There are no scratches, smudges, or anything visibly wrong with these CDs, and the only reason I never noticed them being unable to play is because I only played them on my old CD player (which they still work with).

Were there some problems with a pressing of these discs that I just don't know about? Why don't they work on any disc player made after 1999?

What gives?

It's weird that all the rest of them work just fine.  It's only these three titles that refuse to work. 

I've sent an email to EMI asking if there is any way I can exchange the discs, but I am not holding my breath.

I've got brand new unplayed dvd's that wont read on my pc etc, and in the past Ive had games that wouldnt read.. so I bought a new copy (only cheap) and it wouldnt read, so I downloaded a copy to the HDD and mounted it.. still wouldnt read.....   

...reinstalled windows at a later date and suddenly all fine. These things are just sometimes tempremental for no reason.

All of my discs refuse to load into my computer as far as the "enhanced" areas are concerned.
They used to work fine on my old computer, but my new one is too advanced and it can't accept the info.

So much great stuff in those enhanced sections too!!!!

(I own the complete set, btw -- the ones with the first album spread across all of the side windows) They are "1998" as well.

all of my 98 versions load well on pc and play in various modern players... must be one of those tempermental computing issues.

I bought a "replacement" Piece of Mind disc, and it plays just fine.

I'm not too choked up about the 'No Prayer" and "Fear of the Dark" discs not working.  :innocent:

Back