Maiden Christmas Presents

Got Dance of Death CD for Christmas, but sadly no Uggs;)
Maybe we should suggest special Uggs as merchandise for the 2013 tour

Thanks! They're my pride and joy at the moment. Especially the hoodie. Well actually, the 'pride and joy' title goes to my Ross Halfin book. :D That's my most favorite gift I got this year.

Nice Moon Child. Interesting that all the Behind the Iron Curtain countries were not printed on the World Slavery Tour hoody. Maiden was breaking new ground with that tour.

That's a real beauty! I have a copy in my bookshelf right behind me. It is a great book to flip through on a whim when you need a quick Maiden fix. Also recommendable is the Aboard Flight 666 book, it is also basically a giant photo book :)

Nice Moon Child. Interesting that all the Behind the Iron Curtain countries were not printed on the World Slavery Tour hoody. Maiden was breaking new ground with that tour.
I noticed that too. They definitely should have added them on there. Not sure why they didn't?
That's a real beauty! I have a copy in my bookshelf right behind me. It is a great book to flip through on a whim when you need a quick Maiden fix. Also recommendable is the Aboard Flight 666 book, it is also basically a giant photo book :)
Awesome! Sometimes when I'm just sitting here, I'll have this random urge to just look through it again. :lol: The pictures are just great! I'll have to check out the other book you mentioned. I need more Maiden books. :)

Lack of space. Or they thought they would sell more in the Western World (so those countries should be on it ;-)
That Ross Halfin book. I have an older one called "What Are We Doing This For?". Also full of cool pictiures.

Yeah, it is awesome for that, to just pick up whenever. It is like a coffee table book really, for Maiden fans :D Yeah you really should. I have those two mentioned and then the Derek Riggs book "Run For Cover", which is also really really good and features a lot of great Eddie pictures!

Well, I was trying to figure out if it could be an earlier print of your book. So if you get that, it might have a bulk of same photos. Best would be if someone knows this, or owns both.

This one sounds great indeed. But a bit more expensive not?

It is worth getting in my opinion. You get the whole Maiden story from a different perspective. Riggs will often talk about the history and inspiration for each Eddie or album cover and how the work progress was with Maiden and their management. More often than not it was not a very jolly relationship and you get some great insight into the fallout between Riggs and the band in the 90s when he stopped doing the covers. So yeah, I would say it is a great source for more Maiden information. It also features quite a nice section on his work pre- and post Maiden, but of course like 90% of the book is on Maiden. So yeah Maiden fans should get this I would say.

Don't know if its hard to get now? I payed like 25£ for it just as it came out.

I'm sure it's something that can be found on Amazon.com easily (maybe). That's usually the best place to start looking.

I wonder if Riggs mainly speaks about Steve and perhaps Bruce, when the band was adressed, or did he also mention other members?

Back