Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

It also grants access to a Cried-free forum.
sign0151.gif

Little do they know...

CriedWhenPeopleAttackedCriedWhenBruceLeftAndSaidMeanThingsAboutHim

It's time we start a CriedWhenBrucieLeft fancried I mean club.

Flying is easy, landing is hard :)

What do you intend to do when you finish, buy a plane? Do you have available airfield and hangar where you can keep it, and all the rest?
I had an idea about lightweights but I don't have anywhere to use them from.

Flying is easy, landing is hard :)

What do you intend to do when you finish, buy a plane? Do you have available airfield and hangar where you can keep it, and all the rest?
I had an idea about lightweights but I don't have anywhere to use them from.

I'm going to join a club. Having my own plane would be a dream, of course, but those things cost money and I'd need to be able to fly a lot to justify that kind of money.

I'm going to join a club. Having my own plane would be a dream, of course, but those things cost money and I'd need to be able to fly a lot to justify that kind of money.
Don't a lot of private owners often get together to buy? Not in a formal club, but joint ownership.

Can you monetize it somehow? People here fly other people around for money. I have an acquaintance who does aerial photography, so this other guy lifts him in Cessna, for a "fuel chip in". Since the chip is about 100-150e I guess that's the whole bill.

I would love to do it some day. Fly, own and operate a flying machine.

@Brigantium - yes, some people do that as well. But since I don't know a lot of people around who fly, I consider a club the simpler option - at least for starters.

@Zare - the PPL doesn't allow for commercial flying (meaning you can't charge people for flying with you). However, you can have them cover the actual cost on the day (that is, fuel).

Back