Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

This morning I experienced one of those "you couldn't make it up" moments:

I was riding buses to work and I had an e-ticket that works through an app on my phone. So I needed to have my phone in my hand as I boarded the bus.

As I was stepping off the pavement onto the bus a drop of rain ran off the roof of the bus, landed on my phone screen and closed the app :facepalm:

I actually almost left the forum because of her. Well, she was the instigator, I was actually more pissed off at the mods back then, but still, an instigator.

I actually almost left the forum because of her. Well, she was the instigator, I was actually more pissed off at the mods back then, but still, an instigator.
Anyone who's been here long enough has likely witnessed unethically heavy moderation at some point from a certain moderator who shall not be named. I've had multiple messages deleted by them with no rules-based justification and no response to my requests for clarification, though it's probably been a little over a year since the last time they did that. Thankfully, the vast majority of the moderators here take their roles more seriously and do try to be fair.

Glad you stuck around.

It was not just one and in fact it was mainly the reaction from those I usually like and go along with the most.

But let it be, I've forgiven, almost forgotten, actually, with Nyx disappearing on her own it's become irrelevant after all. Without this occasion, I would probably not remember it after yet some more time.

And for what it's worth, when compared to many other groups/forums etc. (from what I've seen done to others, I'm usually not this active anywhere else) the mods here are actually great.

And for what it's worth, when compared to many other groups/forums etc. (from what I've seen done to others, I'm usually not this active anywhere else) the mods here are actually great.
Yeah, I too have had my issues with the staff and certain other members in the past, but time is the great healer and bringer of maturity. The staff here aren’t all that heavy-handed compared to some forums I frequent where each post is supposed to be some essay-adjacent well-thought-out writ. On MaidenFans it feels like we actually have conversations and I like that vibe.

The way she attacked Jer, plus discovering 1M & other deep cut threads in no time, made me think she was lurking around for sometime.

Commemorating the 1-year anniversary of Hurricane Nyx pummeling the board for 3 weeks straight, then vanishing without a trace!

Yeah disappointing I was getting along with her quite well. But yeah she was so fast, she wanted to change everything in a moment’s time. It’s not like this.
I remember the milestone date January 5th as I was working overnight in an important project, but didn’t she appear a bit earlier that that? Or at least registered? Let me have a look.

EDIT: Nope, that’s January 5th registered and storm began immediately wow ahahahah :D

I hope you are well, wherever you are Nyx.

EDIT2

Last edited:
More like an activist I’d say, or militant of being woman or girl and she had a very girly energy imo, so I never thought that.
Clearly she had “studied” some of us before joining. Again imo.

Back