Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So today right after waking up I went to the toilet. I sat for like 30 minutes when a number called. Now, lately I've been getting a lot of scam calls, so I'm denying most unknown numbers, but this time I thought that maybe it's something important, and it didn't even begin with 07 like most of the scam calls so I answer.

It's a charity, the woman introduces herself, who they are what they do blah blah blah. She asks if I want more details, I say yes, to not be disrespectful, but in all honesty I'd just read the info on their website... So she starts explaining what the options are, payment blah blah and then asks how much do I want to donate.

Now, she didn't even ask me if I'm gonna donate (I guess that's included in the "more details" bundle), and really I wasn't gonna donate to them, and even if I were I'm not gonna donate on the phone, and even if I were willing to do this on the phone I'm on the toilet doing a terrible number 2. So I ask if there's a website, or if I can return to them later.

And she asks me: "Why can't you pay now?"
Screenshot_2.png
Excuse me, what the fuck is that question?! How is that any of your buisness? What kind of answer do you want/expect?!
But that wasn't my brain at that moment, that's in hindsight.

1601592265395.png
I looked more like this, kind of confused by the question, and in the most serious way I just tell her the truth: "I'm on the toilet". It takes me 3 seconds to unconsciously recognize how stupid this exchange was and I started to chuckle quietly. My brain was apparently still in bed.
This left her pretty stumped as well because she literally went "what? Seriously? What, are you kidding me?" For like 10 seconds because disconnecting. Maybe she thought I'm trolling her, but I swear I was more serious about it than she was.

After the fact, I realized similar numbers called me 3 times in the last two weeks, as if there aren't 8 million other people in this country to call. All the same number with the last two digits ranging between 40 and 70, this reminded me of the scam callers and more importantly that question she asked there was very suspect looking back, so I wrote to the charity about that.

After the fact, I realized similar numbers called me 3 times in the last two weeks, as if there aren't 8 million other people in this country to call. All the same number with the last two digits ranging between 40 and 70, this reminded me of the scam callers and more importantly that question she asked there was very suspect looking back, so I wrote to the charity about that.
In the UK at least, the people who make these calls are often on a commission for how many people they can sign up which is why they're so keen to get you to do it there and then ("you can cancel it later if you change your mind ..."). Ditto for the people with bibs and clipboards who stop you in the street.

The Boyfriend got a call from someone like this and he told them they shouldn't have called him as he is TPS registered (which was true), then hung up. They called back immediately to tell him he actually wasn't TPS registered and he hung up again. This happened another couple of times more before he threatened to report them to Offcom before hanging up. They still called back twice more, then he just stopped answering.

Honestly, irrespective of the issue of the TPS and whether they had any right to be calling him, they must have realised by then that they weren't going to get any money out of him so what's the point?
:nuts2:

In less than 24 hours I've got rid of my old TV and my old couch without leaving the house, while getting some money for them as well. (Not a lot, both were twelve years old, but enough for half an hour of flying :cool:)

Yeah, you can’t expect a lot of money from twelve-year-olds. I’m surprised they were interested in your old TV and couch in the first place.

They should be flying instead!
Yep.

xavistar-rc-trainer.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dhQIaKfZGv.jpg

Jon Bon Jovi talking to the BBC about the new Bon Jovi album: "I still have hardcore fans that will moan about this record and say, 'They haven't been good since the 80s'. Well guess what? If you want us to rewrite You Give Love A Bad Name, it's not going to happen."

Not just Maiden who suffer from this kind of extractor fan then? That's good to know ... ::)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54377892

To be fair though, Bon Jovi's sound has strayed more from Slippery Than Wet to now than Maiden have from Powerslave and now. Plus, they haven't been tolerable live for 10 years. Maiden are still an excellent live act. Bon Jovi are has-beens in that department.

To be fair though, Bon Jovi's sound has strayed more from Slippery Than Wet to now than Maiden have from Powerslave and now. Plus, they haven't been tolerable live for 10 years. Maiden are still an excellent live act. Bon Jovi are has-beens in that department.
:nonono:
"Developed"
"Evolved"
But not "strayed" - that suggests wandering off from somewhere it was supposed to stay ...

Back