Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

On a very different note, inspired by the discussion on stage presence in the "Things that annoy you ..." thread:

This one goes out to those among us who have played live to an audience one or more times. What kind of stage presence do you have? Feel free to draw comparisons to Maiden members or other well-known musicians.

I think I'm mostly the H kind on stage, focusing on the instrument and the song (maybe because I, unlike H, actually have to focus in order to play even simple parts properly ...) and looking serious. But sometimes I have become more of an 'Arry type - foot on monitor, catching the eye of people in the crowd, very much into the groove :D I couldn't see myself doing Bruce-like crowd interaction if I were singing, though - I'd probably be to anxious about avoiding vocal disaster!

I would say of the Maiden guys I'm kind of a combination or H and Davey, with a slight shade of Bruce. I focus a lot on my instrument, but also try to connect with the crowd, smile a lot, and get into it with the other guys in the band. In between songs, I often talk a bit and sometimes crack jokes. No rants, though. As a front man, I'd say my stage persona is more along the lines of Hetfield - into the song, but also into the fun of it all and trying to pause to connect with the audience.

First day in university. I'm not quite a regular uni student and don't have all the legal rights and obligations of one because I attend the "open university" which lets you compile your own curriculum and you have to pay (higher education is generally free in Estonia) but the lessons take place together with the regular students. I'm in the same subject field with a friend so I won't have to feel lonely and that's great.
Hi Saap, how was your first day?

Back