Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I failed Theory of Political Order for the 3rd time yesterday. 1st and 3rd times because of questions regarding Hannah Arendt. <_<

Luckily, the professor said I knew most of the stuff (it wasn't the only question), but not enough to pass, however, I only have to study half of the literature for the next time and that half doesn't include friggin' Hannah Arendt.

That's a shame. In my view, she's one of the very few political thinkers of the 20th century who actually got it right.

When I listen to Caught Somewhere in Time, the intro always catches me and makes me move. For a few moments, I feel like I'm hearing what other people hear on this track, the people who give it a 10/10. And then Bruce starts singing, and it's obvious he just doesn't care. He sounds like shit on the song, and on half of Somewhere in Time in general, and it really ruins the mood and album for me.
I dunno... I feel like on the whole album he's kind of going, "Rejected all my work, how could they," and then he hears what the others are writing and he goes, "Whoa, you know what, I was wrong, this sounds amazing," and then they perform the album.

That's what I hear at any rate, it doesn't sound like he doesn't care to me at least.

Right now I'm watching a Swedish documentary about the investigation of the murder of a 4 year old boy in 1998.

The investigation concluded two boys aged 5 and 7 were guilty (they were, of course, never tried in court because of their young age). The crown witness was another 5-year old who in the first interview told about seeing the victim be stabbed. He wasn't though.

The rest is a long sequence of leading questions, both to the witness and the suspects.

After the SVT documentary, the case was reopened by the prosecution authority.

Until recently, they have been assumed guilty. They have, of course, never been tried for it (Sweden, like Norway, has 15 years as minimum age for being tried for crimes). They have, as far as the documentary shows, lived withdrawn lives with their nearest family. I guess there has been some follow-up from psychologists etc., but I don't know the details of how Sweden takes care of offenders younger than 15.

Until recently, they have been assumed guilty. They have, of course, never been tried for it (Sweden, like Norway, has 15 years as minimum age for being tried for crimes). They have, as far as the documentary shows, lived withdrawn lives with their nearest family. I guess there has been some follow-up from psychologists etc., but I don't know the details of how Sweden takes care of offenders younger than 15.
Can they be tried for a crime committed while under 15 once they reach the age of 15?

No, at least not in Norway. It's the age at the time of the crime that matters. Which makes sense, I think. A 15-year old is more or less another person than he was at 8. Of course, it feels different if the suspect is 14, but you gotta set the limit somewhere.

I recall something similar that happened in the UK about 20 years ago. A couple of boys took a younger boy out of a shopping centre, took him over to the railway and beat the shit out of him. They had to live with new identities afterwards but I think one of the tabloid newspapers found out who one of them is now a few years ago.

That's a shame. In my view, she's one of the very few political thinkers of the 20th century who actually got it right.
I don't particularly agree or disagree with her, but the text that I have to study about her is really longwinded and badly written which makes it hard to study. You actually got me thinking as to who my favorite political theorist is. I don't have a single one that I agree with on everything, but from the ones that I've been studying lately, Rawls is probably the best.

When I listen to Caught Somewhere in Time, the intro always catches me and makes me move. For a few moments, I feel like I'm hearing what other people hear on this track, the people who give it a 10/10. And then Bruce starts singing, and it's obvious he just doesn't care. He sounds like shit on the song, and on half of Somewhere in Time in general, and it really ruins the mood and album for me.
Strongly agree with you on Bruce, but the musical moments are so good that they make up for it. Bruce isn't giving 100%, but everyone else is. Some of the greatest instrumental Maiden is on that album.

Mosh and LC, I have to strongly disagree with you on Bruce's singing on SIT. I don't hear any difference on that than on any of the other golden era and post-reunion albums. It all sounds super amazing to me.

Tomorrow is my last day on a 13 month project that has been fun .. but I am ready to do something else. I will miss the incredible free food (steaks, ribs, french toast, etc) on my monthly trips to Palo Alto ...

But, now I have about a week and a half off ,then starting off the next one with a kickoff about 50 yards from the beach in Hawaii (Big Island) for a week ... so that will be cool, then a lot of working just at home .. which will also been cool .. I have done a lot of flying this year so far , 43K miles worth

43K miles worth
You were at, what, 38k a few weeks ago?

Strongly agree with you on Bruce, but the musical moments are so good that they make up for it. Bruce isn't giving 100%, but everyone else is. Some of the greatest instrumental Maiden is on that album.
Sure, but Maiden without a singer who cares isn't the best Maiden.

Mosh and LC, I have to strongly disagree with you on Bruce's singing on SIT. I don't hear any difference on that than on any of the other golden era and post-reunion albums. It all sounds super amazing to me.
Bruce sounds strained on CSIT, Deja Vu, Loneliness, etc, at least to me.

You were at, what, 38k a few weeks ago?

Yup ... I am counting my flight home tomorrow, but not another 3K miles next week to see Maiden in Oakland or the ~7500 miles in a few weeks to Hawaii ... I am pretty sure I will hit 100K miles this year, which should equal a lot of free upgrades next year.

Bruce sounded a bit strained to me as well .. I am certain the Powerslave tour and the insane amount of dates had something to do with that.

Also just not really caring. He was probably burned by not having any of his material on the album.

I've also been listening to some SIT tour boots and he messes up the new material a lot. Granted it's early in the tour but it does seem like he's not giving 100%.

I saw that tour twice .. and it is obviously a long time ago and I might just be remembering the good, but I thought they sounded great .. including the SIT songs

Considering how straining the WS tour was for him, I guess that's kind of expected. His solo career and the fact he actually started caring about his voice pushed him miles forward, IMHO. One of the reasons I prefer reunion Maiden, actually.

Back