Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So I text my brother to ask how he finished the semester this year (he's in 6th grade) and he's like:
"You're just gonna laugh"
After prodding him for a bit he confesses that he's failing physics. Then says something like:
"I'm gonna be really serious in the next semester, I don't wanna end up a hobo. I'm gonna fix physics..." and similar impressive stuff.
So I see my dad today and I wanted to show him the texts to tell him how my brother is so mature and stuff.
Dad reads the texts and goes:
"I did not know he's failing physics... I only knew about math."
:facepalm::S

I didn't do too hot in school either. I actually failed gym in high school. However, that was because the grade was based on written tests we had to take after each course.

So I text my brother to ask how he finished the semester this year (he's in 6th grade) and he's like:
"You're just gonna laugh"
After prodding him for a bit he confesses that he's failing physics. Then says something like:
"I'm gonna be really serious in the next semester, I don't wanna end up a hobo. I'm gonna fix physics..." and similar impressive stuff.
So I see my dad today and I wanted to show him the texts to tell him how my brother is so mature and stuff.
Dad reads the texts and goes:
"I did not know he's failing physics... I only knew about math."
:facepalm::S

Maybe he doesn't know the difference between Physics and Maths. Which... would explain a lot.

Failing at both Physics and Maths is not such a rare phenomenon, now is it? Are there actually any two subjects more interconnected, apart from maybe History and Literature?

Failing at both Physics and Maths is not such a rare phenomenon, now is it? Are there actually any two subjects more interconnected, apart from maybe History and Literature?
I think so. We didn't have a separate subject for Literature though, it was just called Serbian language and literature. Wasn't too similar to History. We had Psychology, Philosophy and Logic which were all very similar though.

I'm still not 100% sure what he's failing, he may be lying to us all. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a 3rd subject he failed. This time last year he told us he's gonna get his grades when he comes back from winter break. I told my dad that it's never ever ever done like that (you always get them before the break), then we turned his room upside down and found the grade book stuck between the drawers in his desk :facepalm: I think my dad and his wife are a bit naïve when it comes to my brother's school stuff, as an experienced liar about school I've seen through his lies many times :p

We didn't have a separate subject for Literature though, it was just called Serbian language and literature.

We didn't either, but well, to-mah-tos, toh-may-tos...

Hey, it'll be alright. In high school, I actually nearly-failed a subject almost every year bar the last one and I still made it to a law school. .... Not that I wished that on your brother, or, in fact, anyone, but still.

I failed Maths and Geometry every year of high school except last. Funny thing is, Maths was probably my strongest subject coming into high school, I had participated in Maths tournaments and stuff.

Just stopped caring after some point. I would write poems and stories on my notebook during the classes and troll the exams by writing dumb answers or drawing shapes on the paper. Had to go to the principal's office two times for my exam trolling. :D

He's not dumb, he's just really lazy. He likes history and has A in that at least. Just doesn't want to study stuff that he's not interested in.

I failed Math in the 1st semester of the 3rd grade of high school. Which wasn't such a catastrophe considering we got a new professor who failed more than half of the class. I still consider getting 4 A's in a row at the end of the final semester of high school as my highest academic success :D We were doing combinations and permutations which is probably the only math thing I was ever good at. I had private classes at home from 5th grade till the end of high school, otherwise I probably would've failed every year.

I still consider getting 4 A's in a row at the end of the final semester of high school as my highest academic success :D.

My highest academic success is probably placing 2nd in a nationwide exam in the 5th grade. Peaked too early.

Edit: Actually, placing top 100 in the country in the English test of the university entrance exam might be higher feat, considering the stakes. That basically single handedly got me into one of top universities in the nation.

Back