Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Turned all the lights off, plugged my headphones into the amp, turned reverb all the way up, got a lo-fi type distortion going and went pure black metal on the guitar at 4 am.

Spine tingling experience.

You guys deserve a raise ... think I suggested this before, but some forum software prohibits people from starting a thread unless they have x number of posts or have to be registered for x number of days. Is something like that possible?

Just had an absolute stinker of a football training session. Couldn't even keep up with guys who are usually slower than me.

Having a consolatory beer now. Contemplating retirement from football.

If you drop that beer your lung diffusion will be happy and you'll outrun those peasants :)

On the more serious note, I've seen medical studies on the issue and the effect is phenomenal, especially when you go diving and such. 10% capacity loss for one 0.5L beer inside next few hours.
Another interesting fact is that negative effects are reversely proportional to quantity of some particular enzyme in your body, which is a racial/cultural thing and natural adaptation to alcohol inside cultures that have (ab)used it for millennia. So we Euros have it in high levels while some Asians and native Americans don't. That's why you see stupidly drunken Chinese after two beers :D

My son is officially good to go to graduate with a degree in Aerospace Engineering in May. Really happy, maybe he can can toss Bruce his resume during one of the Maiden shows. He is debating applying for grad school .. which I am all for, but also understand the burnout factor. We'll see.

Congrats. Try to keep him away from high stress, tho. There will be a lot of competition both in school and at the next workplace and you can't go 120% for the rest of your life. My younger brother decided to enroll grad + masters at the most prestigious school in the country, and follow through those corporate drafts for best of the class students at the end. 7 years of that shit, hes got a stable good paying job now, but he is now in his late twenties having chronic health problems caused by stress. He needs to follow strict diets, eat ton of god-knows-what pharmaceuticals, etc. There will be no serious issues, he's taking it a lot easier now and everything is going to balance out. The problem is - it was completely unnecessary, he'd be good even if he slacked a bit.

Top quarter is the target, fuck the 1% if you ask me.

Congrats. Try to keep him away from high stress, tho. There will be a lot of competition both in school and at the next workplace and you can't go 120% for the rest of your life. My younger brother decided to enroll grad + masters at the most prestigious school in the country, and follow through those corporate drafts for best of the class students at the end. 7 years of that shit, hes got a stable good paying job now, but he is now in his late twenties having chronic health problems caused by stress. He needs to follow strict diets, eat ton of god-knows-what pharmaceuticals, etc. There will be no serious issues, he's taking it a lot easier now and everything is going to balance out. The problem is - it was completely unnecessary, he'd be good even if he slacked a bit.

Top quarter is the target, fuck the 1% if you ask me.
Yeah, I have said the same thing to him ... top quarter is great, unless you are wired a certain way trying to hit the absolute top will kill you . He is spending some time looking into the couple of areas he wants to get into and determining how much a masters will help him. My advice was basically "if you have a dream job you want that you need a masters ... go for it .. if you do not need it, you might be better jumping in the workforce and getting hands on experience and you can always look into it later, though it will be at a slower pace then" I do not know enough about the field to say what the right direction is. He was planning on talking to a few professors over the next few weeks and get their opinions and someone he knows at Lockheed Martin.

My son is officially good to go to graduate with a degree in Aerospace Engineering in May. Really happy, maybe he can can toss Bruce his resume during one of the Maiden shows. He is debating applying for grad school .. which I am all for, but also understand the burnout factor. We'll see.
I congratulate your son as well!
It's up to the almighty @Jon. The big concern there is that spambots will start throwing spam in active threads again, which is even harder to clean up.
In that case, it's probably best to just let them start new threads. I'm sorry all of you admins have to clean up all that crap. I'm usually on here when all the spam starts coming in and if it would be allowed, I could delete some before I head out.

For the most part, deleting spam isn't a biggie. You can do it with checkmarks in the "new posts" and "new profile posts" lists. The only risk is that posts and threads made by people without avatars occasionally get caught like dolphins in a tuna net. We do our best, but it happens sometimes.

Well done to him!

Grades for the term are finally out. 3.35 GDP for the term, 3.40 in general. Doing pretty damn well so far, hope I don't botch it in the future terms, may become an honor student if I keep it up.

Now I can enjoy my break with no worries. :cheers:

And well done to you!

Passed Political Anthropology and Public Policies today :clap: 15 exams till graduation. It's a lot but writing down how many are left and that number reducing makes me feel much better.

I went to see the that stupid history test and since most of the mistakes I made were me getting the years wrong, I'm gonna make a list of all the relevant dates, print it and nail it above my desk so that they are ingrained in my memory by December when I take the test again...

And to you!

For the most part, deleting spam isn't a biggie. You can do it with checkmarks in the "new posts" and "new profile posts" lists. The only risk is that posts and threads made by people without avatars occasionally get caught like dolphins in a tuna net. We do our best, but it happens sometimes.
Dolphin tuna is the best!

Back