Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Tried my absolute hardest to be asleep by midnight, went to bed at 11 pm. It was to no avail, sadly.

Still salvageable though, unless I'm still wide awake by 2 am.

I don't know how much help it would be to you, but I occasionally listen to guided meditations while trying to fall asleep. It usually takes me to a very calm, ready-to-sleep state. You can find such videos on Youtube.

If you can't sleep, get up and try doing something you don't like, like reading boring uni textbooks. Pretty sure my uni's "Modern Political Theory" book is a cure to insomnia.

I don't know how much help it would be to you, but I occasionally listen to guided meditations while trying to fall asleep. It usually takes me to a very calm, ready-to-sleep state. You can find such videos on Youtube.

Do you mean the ASMR vids? ASMR causes a strong tingling sensation in me, I enjoy it, but I definitely wouldn't be able to fall asleep listening to them.

If you can't sleep, get up and try doing something you don't like, like reading boring uni textbooks. Pretty sure my uni's "Modern Political Theory" book is a cure to insomnia.

Reading works the opposite for me, no matter how boring.

Last thing I'd want spinning around in my head at night is politics.
Most of that subject is philosophy though.

Anyway, I've been inspired by Flash to try and fix my sleeping cycle too, so I've fallen asleep before midnight 3 times in the past 4 days and woke up before 10 all 4 mornings, which is unheard of for me. Also made an effort to not nap at all and I've easily fallen asleep each night. I'll see how long I can keep this up though.

@ Saap's video: that talking would just annoy me. For the few days when the ear ringing was bad I downloaded a White Noise app and the sound of water and boat creaking put me to sleep within minutes.

@ Saap's video: that talking would just annoy me. For the few days when the ear ringing was bad I downloaded a White Noise app and the sound of water and boat creaking put me to sleep within minutes.

28bf855d0c908b94096f0a60351eea73.png

The music in that particular video is so melancholic though, it makes me sleepy and sad at the same time :D.

I have a white noise mp3 which sounds like either a waterfall or extremely heavy rain on trees, I can't tell which. It is relaxing, though.

Some people are just excellent at rubbing salt in the wounds. Yesterday I witnessed the football team I follow in Norway as they suffered the worst defeat after WW2. This morning at 6AM, a guy who worked at our department before sent me a text message with a link to a news story about the game, and the question "Were you there" ... Wanker.

To make things worse, I woke up with the tinnitus turned up to 11, so I wasn't able to fall asleep again, and laid there awake for another hour before I got up at 7 (as I usually do).

Copy and paste so-called news is really starting to bug me. There'll be a small kernel of truth in something, and someone with an axe to grind will make a big overexaggerated thing out of it on a blog or alternative news site. It then gets picked up and copied wholesale by other alternative news sites, commented on by political bloggers, and jumped on as proof by organisations which also have an axe to grind. Plus the likes of the Daily Mail repeat it and embroider it. Then it spreads on social media and becomes fact. It must be fact because Underground Facts Today and five other similar websites have published it. But when more mainstream and more reputable media outlets don't regurgitate it in a similar fashion, people claim it's because they have an agenda.

Back