Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Last night, one of the biggest objects in history, the biggest land based railway bridge ever, containing as much steel as the Eiffel Tower, being 255 m long, 17 m wide, 55 m high and 8400 tons heavy, took a 400 m ride. 976 wheels were used and it took about seven hours.

Short version (30 second timelapse):

The complete move:

Here an animation for a good overview of what exactly happened (the transportation piece starts at 1:37):

Last edited:
It sure has. With a maximum of 27 degrees it looks like we're (Netherlands and Germany) having the warmest weekend of Europe.

By the way, last week I was in beautiful Germany at the Rhein, Mosel and Neckar rivers. Stayed in Cochem en Heiderlberg and also enjoyed Bacharach und Bingen and several forts.
@Perun

Last edited:
Indeed it is warm and beautiful. However, being woken up by a strong headache is not cool. Happens quite frequently as well.

I'm intrigued. What makes Clutch "summer music"?

I'm pretty anal-retentive about weather/seasons and music. So, summer music to me is generally blues, rock/classic rock, folk, upbeat metal (Maiden counts), etc. It's just very summery. Clutch, being a blues-based rock band fits nicely into that description.

Back