Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Angela Merkel has just landed in Belgrade <_< Which sucks because I'll have to go to uni earlier than needed tomorrow morning in case they block the roads (which they do every time)...

2151301e05823e95aeba3c593ef92182.png

The first official pieces of original pop art inspired by Iron Maiden have just gone on display at San Diego Comic Con.

Available through http://darkinkart.com/iron-maiden-artwork.html or find out more at ironmaiden.com

"
Press Release from Acme Archives: Exclusive Iron Maiden inspired prints unveiled at San Diego Comic Con

The first official pieces of original pop art inspired by Iron Maiden have just gone on display at San Diego Comic Con by Fine Art publishers Acme Archives, who are renowned for showcasing the cream of the Entertainment Industry’s properties in new and innovative fashion. These include artworks licensed from such illustrious companies as Twentieth Century Fox, DreamWorks, Lucasfilm Ltd., Microsoft, Saban and Cartoon Network.

Asked about this unique art collaboration, Blake Jones, ACME Archive’s Creative Director said;

"Iron Maiden is one of the most iconic bands of all time, I have felt so utterly privileged to be able to work with them in any regard and when we got the chance to collaborate on this project I nearly screamed! This was one of the best, and most fun projects I’ve been able to work on to date - I listened to nothing but Iron Maiden for an entire month, and it never got old. With the artists I asked to work on these images, I knew they all had the ability to go dark, but I also wanted to ensure there was a fair amount of diversity within the collection. We looked to each artist to create original artwork based on their favourite Maiden song or album and to totally re-imagine them. As the images rolled in, I became ever more excited to see them in print. I can’t wait for the public to see the results, as these talented artists have nailed it. I hope you guys enjoy these images as much as we enjoyed making them!"

While Iron Maiden’s manager Rod Smallwood commented;

“Eddie has long been recognised by our fans as an iconic figure – for Maiden and also for metal in general. That ‘Pop Culture’, which draws upon movies, art, comics and literature, should wish to welcome him to their ranks is a huge tribute to his longevity, unique symbolism and importance to millions of fans around the world. With such a rich canvas and so much love for the character, it is fitting that he stands inside Acme Archives with his peers. And of course terrorises them all!!”

There are 5 pieces (plus two glow-in-the-dark variants and one colour variant edition) are currently on display at SDCC - ACME Archives booth #5629 – and are also available to buy online. All are priced at $50 plus shipping and are available from DarkInkArt.com

Which one do you guys like the best???!

Last edited:
I just ordered the Godmachine Killers one...I already own another Godmachine print ( I'm a fan) So this was a given. Shipment to Europe - as expensive as the print itself...oh well :D

Get these before they sell out I say...they'll be sought after later.

So on Tuesday, I was asked to hold a lecture for BA students. The lecture is in 20 minutes.

The fact that I'm doing this does of course have nothing to do with the fact that the guy who asked me is my MA examiner.

Back