Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Ah, I didn't even make the folk-music reference. I thought of folk as people Night Prowler didn't want to be associated with. :nuts:

Well, turbo folk is more like a philosophy of life, even though turbo folk fans are not likely to have heard of the concept.

Turbo folk fans don't really listen to music the same way we here do. It's mostly background noise for them while they get wasted on a raft club in the summer. You ain't gonna find them listening to whole albums and discussing them...

Last night I went to the theatre and saw Into That Darkness; a stage adaptation of Gitta Sereny's book of the same name, about her interviews with convicted war criminal Franz Stangl, SS Commandant of Sobibor & Treblinka.

Later I ate some Lemon Crumble Wensleydale cheese.

Last night I went to the theatre and saw Into That Darkness; a stage adaptation of Gitta Sereny's book of the same name, about her interviews with convicted war criminal Franz Stangl, SS Commandant of Sobibor & Treblinka.

Later I ate some Lemon Crumble Wensleydale cheese.
"One Lemon Crumble Wensleydale cheese, please." That's not an easy order.

Bank Holiday weekend for the win. :)
The time to stay out of the UK, if looking forward to a nice calm stay. Why make a trip on the same day instead of getting more often out of town and spread the fun (and people!) a bit. ::)

:D I bought the cheese at the supermarket, Foro.
"Excuse me Sir, I happen to look for one Lemon Crumble Wensleydale cheese, but I cannot seem to find it. Do you know where the Lemon Crumble Wensleydale cheese is?"

"The Lemon Crumble Wensleydale cheese, Sir? Of course, it's next to the Oaty Apple Crumble Wensleydale cheese". :lol:

Last edited:
The hotel decided to host a BBQ party. Free food and beer. Got to talk to some lively Scottish guys. And it turned out there's another Norwegian working on the project.

The Chinese weren't very involved, I suspect it is because they got drunk after one beer and had to return to their rooms early.

Yes, I have. I've had Wensleydale and cranberry, Wensleydale and apricot and Wensleydale and lemon. They were all vile.

The time to stay out of the UK, if looking forward to a nice calm stay. Why make a trip on the same day instead of getting more often out of town and spread the fun (and people!) a bit. ::)

"Excuse me Sir, I happen to look for one Lemon Crumble Wensleydale cheese, but I cannot seem to find it. Do you know where the Lemon Crumble Wensleydale cheese is?"

"The Lemon Crumble Wensleydale cheese, Sir? Of course, it's next to the Oaty Apple Crumble Wensleydale cheese". :lol:

Very good Sir, although I doubt they'd be both referring to the other as Sir ... the British are usually very aware of who is expected to say "Sir" in a conversation. :p I presume that in this setting (shop assistant and customer), the customer would definitely be the Sir.

(I address you as Sir because you're older than me, have children and have attended more Maiden gigs than me)

'Sir' is a form of address for a person holding a knighthood. It used to be used for schoolteachers too, I don't know if it still is.

The Chinese staff at the hotel address all the male guests as "Sir". I like that.

Although I wonder what would happen if they knew I held a doctorate.

Btw, isn't "Sir" also used in organizations where rank matters, like police and the military, when addressing a superior?

'Sir' is a form of address for a person holding a knighthood. It used to be used for schoolteachers too, I don't know if it still is.
Yeh, but informally it's simply good manners (altho' bordering on slightly old fashioned) to refer to a man (particularly if you are working in the service industry) as "Sir". It's still pretty common in the UK, is it not?

Last edited:
Back