Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I've got class in an hour, so I doubt there will be much coming from me.

But you know what.

I've had a rather tough time lately. Last week was horrible, and this week hasn't been much better. This weekend will be quite intense too. However, tomorrow will be the first day in weeks, in weeks, on which I won't have any obligations. No class, no appointments, no work, nothing. The first time in weeks. I think that tomorrow, I'll just do nothing. Literally nothing. Just lie on the couch, listen to music and maybe play a video game or something. I'm not going to read. I feel like I've been doing nothing but reading lately.

That sounds like a great idea! You definitely need it so take the opportunity to relax for once.

Oh yes. It's really just a day where I probably need a month, but it's almost kind of like a small, tiny holiday.

Enjoy it Perun. Sometimes those days are so necessary.

You can say that! I can't believe how excited I am at the prospect.

Per, sit back, relax and enjoy the day! good idea!

I have to admit, now that my kids are growing up and one is out of the house, I will take a day off from work and just hang out by myself or with my best friend and do nothing. Watch a show, go to lunch and park my ass.

In other news, my Christmas party at work is Friday eve. New shirt and tie on my dresser, open bar and my favorite female is going to dance with me!

We switched gears for our staff Christmas party this year — left the ties at home, put on jeans and went around town on a scavenger hunt.
Then we settled in for dinner afterwards while they gave away cash prizes and showed a slideshow of the day's highlights.
I quite enjoyed it.

My work doesn't have any sort of Christmas parties. Well, we usually do have a luncheon which is pretty nice but I'd much rather have an evening type party. Oh well.

2007: Hell freezes over, pigs start to fly, the Pope pops wood, Christopher Walken has enough cowbell, the Near East is at peace, Switzerland is at war, snow turns green, grass turns white, flood in the Sahara, drought in Finland, Utah runs out of salt, Jews make love with Germans, the Cubs win, the Globetrotters lose, America gets a black president, a Canadian insults somebody, cows talk, whales leave the ocean, pandas breed, and Ronnie James Dio returns to Black Sabbath.

2007: most disappointing Maiden gig I've seen. Not to take anything away from Ariana, but when I saw them, they looked uninspired, Bruce's voice was not great and the setlist was the least they ever did (Children of the Damned was one nice surprise though!)

edit:
(All this negativity is just a comparison with other years I've seen them, so I might be spoiled.)

No indeed. But the setlist was the least imaginable they ever did, apart from Children of the Damned, purely consisting out of 2005-2006 setlist material.

You know, you are spoiled. I wouldn't care if they only played country songs. :D Well, maybe just a little.

Back