KISS

Blabbermouth article

Dio's hologram says hello. Personally, if there's no real band on the stage, I am not interested.

"Per Sundin, CEO of Pophouse Entertainment, told the Associated Press this new technology allows KISS to continue their legacy for "eternity." He explained: "KISS could have a concert in three cities in the same night across three different continents. That's what you could do with this."

Oh, the good old cashgrab at it's finest.
Money must flow :lol:

Thank you for your music, KISS. My favorite rock band. All of the band members were important for me. Paul had one of the best voices in rock (as a songwriter too). Gene was the driving force. Ace is a monster of a guitarist. All of the drummers too. The 70's albums will always be classics. Their 80's material is underrated. I love it. One of the best live acts of all time! Also, one of the best debut albums ever. I hope they will release a DVD.
There shouldn't be a new era, especially such one.

Final concert setlist:

1.Detroit Rock City
2.Shout It Out Loud
3.Deuce
4.War Machine
5.Heaven's On Fire
6.I Love It Loud
7.Say Yeah
8.Cold Gin
9.Guitar Solo
10.Lick It Up
11.Calling Dr. Love
12.Makin' Love
13.Psycho Circus (partial)
14.Drum Solo
15.100, 000 Years
16.Bass Solo
17.God Of Thunder
18.Love Gun
19.I Was Made For Lovin' You
20.Black Diamond
Encore:
Beth
22.Do You Love Me
23.Rock And Roll All Nite

It could (and should) have been better, But at least most of the hits are here. For a final concert there should have been songs from all of the albums imo.

No songs from:

1) Hotter Than Hell (no ''Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll''????).
2) their solo albums.
3) Unmasked
4) Music From ''The Elder''
5) Asylum (''Tears Are Falling''? Sad).
6) Crazy Nights (the title track?)
7) Hot In The Shade (''Forever''?)
8) Revenge
9) Carnival Of Souls
10) Monster

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:
The 70's albums will always be classics. Their 80's material is underrated. I love it.
While I definitely love the 70s albums, the lineup from 1985-97 was also very good! When KISS was inducted into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, atleast Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr should also have been included.

Final setlist was pretty disappointing. Same set they’ve been doing for more or less the last 15 years. Hate to say this though but “it is what it is”. Every KISS fan ever should know what this band is (or was) at this point. Sometimes suspending disbelief to buy into the modern form of KISS feels like flat out denial, but I still enjoyed seeing them the two times I did in the past 3 years.

That was their second last tour. You missed the first by about 20 years. I saw them that year as well, days before Maiden in Vegas. They played roughly the same setlist as the one posted above.

New Kiss comes as no surprise - they have been pretty clear that this was the plan after the “final” tour. In some ways it’s probably going to end up being a better experience than seeing the actual Kiss in their current form if the production value is high enough. It has long been closer to seeing a Cirque Du Solei type of show than a rock concert.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/marty...s-from-worst-to-best-and-explains-his-choices

Marty Friedman ranks all KISS albums.
Man, the debut album and Asylum are ranked too low is his list! But atleast he got Rock And Roll Over correct.
Friedman has some wild takes. I would put Animalize and Hot in the Shade pretty close to the bottom, along with all solo albums (Ace’s solo album might go closer to the middle). Revenge is way too low, prob the only great non-makeup album. I concur with Rock and Roll Over and Hotter Than Hell being the best studio albums tho.
Asylum is quite good and probably Top 3 for me.
Maybe if it was an EP of just Paul Stanley songs. It’s too bad that Gene was still considered an equal partner at the time despite functionally being out of the band and turning in some of the most half assed songs of their career.

I'm glad I managed to take my dad to see Kiss this year, he'd never seen them before and he thought it was one of the best shows he's ever seen. That's good enough for me.

Last edited:
Kiss was my favorite band until I was 15 yrs old in 1981 (when I discovered Maiden :edmetal:). I last saw them in 2000 on their first farewell tour with the original four. And that was my Kiss goodbye.

I never liked they let Tommy and Eric assume Ace and Peter's personas. And those two are pretty much hired hands and not actual band members. Did Gene and Paul ever let them even speak? I lost much respect for Gene after his digs at other bands using backing tracks and then resorted to using them themselves and tried to hide it.

Kiss should have quit years ago when Paul lost his voice. The show fans saw for this End of the Road tour was just that, a show - not much live to it. The whole thing is computer programed and make heavy use of backing tracks, with Paul lip synching most of the time. Hell, I watched some of the footage of Detroit Rock City from the final show and I'm not convinced Gene is playing his bass the whole time. Funny thing is it seems a lot of fans realize this but don't seem to care and shell out those big bucks anyway.

The show fans saw for this End of the Road tour was just that, a show - not much live to it. The whole thing is computer programed and make heavy use of backing tracks, with Paul lip synching most of the time. Hell, I watched Funny thing is it seems a lot of fans realize this but don't seem to care and shell out those big bucks anyway.
Yes, like I said earlier the suspension of disbelief you have to do to buy into modern KISS borders on full-on delusion. Singer and Thayer are good musicians respectively though.

Kiss was my favorite band until I was 15 yrs old in 1981 (when I discovered Maiden :edmetal:). I last saw them in 2000 on their first farewell tour with the original four. And that was my Kiss goodbye.

I never liked they let Tommy and Eric assume Ace and Peter's personas. And those two are pretty much hired hands and not actual band members. Did Gene and Paul ever let them even speak? I lost much respect for Gene after his digs at other bands using backing tracks and then resorted to using them themselves and tried to hide it.

Kiss should have quit years ago when Paul lost his voice. The show fans saw for this End of the Road tour was just that, a show - not much live to it. The whole thing is computer programed and make heavy use of backing tracks, with Paul lip synching most of the time. Hell, I watched some of the footage of Detroit Rock City from the final show and I'm not convinced Gene is playing his bass the whole time. Funny thing is it seems a lot of fans realize this but don't seem to care and shell out those big bucks anyway.
I agree with pretty much everything here except stuff about Tommy and Eric being hired hands. It's true to a certain degree but it's worth pointing out that Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer have each written, sang, and performed on songs from two Kiss albums. I wouldn't consider their status in the band to be less than Vinnie Vincent or Bruce Kulick even though it's kinda lame that they are pretending to be Ace and Peter (although I can see both sides of it to some degree). And to your point about backing tracks and lip synching, pretty sure that's just Gene and Paul - Tommy and Eric can still play live.

One more thing to consider is that they were also both heavily involved in the band before donning the makeup. Of course Eric Singer was the drummer before they put the makeup back on and Tommy Thayer was pretty involved behind the scenes throughout the 90s and I think still contributed to archival projects after getting the Spaceman gig. He also helped Ace and Peter re-learn their parts.

I think Kiss did some shows with Eric Singer on drums and Ace Frehley on guitar - that's a lineup I would really liked to have seen more, maybe even one for Kiss to close out their career with.

I agree with pretty much everything here except stuff about Tommy and Eric being hired hands. It's true to a certain degree but it's worth pointing out that Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer have each written, sang, and performed on songs from two Kiss albums. I wouldn't consider their status in the band to be less than Vinnie Vincent or Bruce Kulick even though it's kinda lame that they are pretending to be Ace and Peter (although I can see both sides of it to some degree). And to your point about backing tracks and lip synching, pretty sure that's just Gene and Paul - Tommy and Eric can still play live.

One more thing to consider is that they were also both heavily involved in the band before donning the makeup. Of course Eric Singer was the drummer before they put the makeup back on and Tommy Thayer was pretty involved behind the scenes throughout the 90s and I think still contributed to archival projects after getting the Spaceman gig. He also helped Ace and Peter re-learn their parts.

I think Kiss did some shows with Eric Singer on drums and Ace Frehley on guitar - that's a lineup I would really liked to have seen more, maybe even one for Kiss to close out their career with.
It just seems like they are hired guns as they are there in the background and you only hear Gene and Paul speak. I did forget Eric was in the band before the reunion though. But like I said I stopped following them after 2000

I talk to my brother about this all the time, Singer stepped in for Criss in 2001~ for those final stretch of the farewell shows then and the band sounded AMAZING with that lineup. Like they were seriously on fire with Singer and Ace, one of my favorite and most underrated KISS lineups. The Live in Tokyo 2001 show has Singer on drums there. Criss wasn’t playing very well in those last couple years with the band (imo)

Criss was never a very good drummer. The pedestal he's placed on by fans is pure nostalgia.

Back