Judas Priest

This one doesn't look too promising. Not really my favourite side of Priest and the vocals sound kind of lazy.

When I heard that riff at the beginning, the first thing I thought of was actually Rocka Rolla (the album, not the song). It's got that laid back, bluesy vibe which is present on much of that album. I thought it was pretty good actually, and most of the album won't be like that. It might even be the only song on the album with that mood/style, and I think it's a good thing that they're giving a nod to their most primitive roots.

It sounds very Killing Machine esque with that 70's vibe. I'm definetely looking forward to it. The other 2 songs they released sounded nothing like that so I'm guessing there'll be a lot of variety

I'm definetely looking forward to it. The other 2 songs they released sounded nothing like that so I'm guessing there'll be a lot of variety

And that would be perfect for me, seeing as I see merit in every era of Priest. Hopefully there will be one or two faster numbers to balance it out, but yep, I'm, pretty optimistic so far. Still not a fan of the production though, particularly on the guitar sound. It sounds weird, and has no real punch to it.

And that would be perfect for me, seeing as I see merit in every era of Priest. Hopefully there will be one or two faster numbers to balance it out, but yep, I'm, pretty optimistic so far. Still not a fan of the production though, particularly on the guitar sound. It sounds weird, and has no real punch to it.

That's probably due to the lack of KK Downing. Honestly that's the one thing I'm really dissappointed about. KK and Glenn are like the heart and soul of Priest. It just sounds incomplete without him

Halls Of Valhalla sounds pretty fast to me.

Also, another tour date:
image.jpg

Second day lineup is nightmare-ish. First one has Priest, Mastodon, AB and Steel Panther that I'd watch.

Dragonaut in it's entirety!

I really like the song, though the sound isn't great. Could have been a little longer as well...

The lead break sounds like it's Richie first, and then Glenn.

The lead is nothing they haven't done before but it's still nice. As you said, Richie is probably first and Glenn second because of the left-right pan.
The sound is thin and weak but the song itself is kind of good. It could (and should) be better but it's not bad.

Best song so far, however the production still sucks and it still sounds uninspired and generic. Great solos though.

Back