Judas Priest

Nice song with some good parts. It probably works great as the 2nd song on the album. It's a mix of DOTF and Painkiller with Halford solo.
The opening riff is Firepower-esque. The vocals are cool (especially in the pre-chorus) but at the same time a bit odd now. Rob is a lovely man, an amazing vocalist and he said in the video on the previous page that this song (and all songs) are a challenge for him, but I doubt this song will sound good live. The chorus has a nice half-time feel to it, but it's average (Primal Fear vibe). The heavy riff in the middle is straight off the Painkiller album and is ofc great. I find Richie's solo too similar to his playing from the previous album or the second single. The different vocal part after the solo is a good idea.

I enjoy the song mostly because of the tempo and vocals, but that's it. Not really a fan. I expected more from it based on reviews. It won't be one of my favorites. So far, only the first single brought something different from the previous album. This is a working formula for them now, but the rest of the songs should deliver more.

Edit: it sounds like a leftover from the previous album.

Last edited:
New song is cool, the chorus reminds me vaguely of something from their 70s work but I can't quite place it. Halford sounds great but I doubt he could pull off all of this as recorded live every night but I guess we'll see.

But man, I just am so tired of the Sneap production. It sounds so faceless and completely devoid of any character whatsoever. Sonically, this sounds nearly identical to the recent Saxon album (and I assume forthcoming Accept album as well).

I'm still really looking forward to the full thing though. My favorites from Firepower were some of the deeper cuts so I'm looking forward to those the most.

Decibel magazine here in the US gave this album a solid 8 so I know it'll be quality.

New song is cool, the chorus reminds me vaguely of something from their 70s work but I can't quite place it. Halford sounds great but I doubt he could pull off all of this as recorded live every night but I guess we'll see.
Don't think so either, this is 2000-2001 Halford quality. Fantastic performance, fantastic song.

Painkiller wannabe? I think it's very Painkiller meets DoTF (and Riding and Screaming for Vengeance were Painkiller style vocals 8 years before Painkiller).

Agreed!

I quite like the new song. In fact, I like it so much that it made me check if there are any tickets available for their London gig on 21st March. The moment I saw the ticket price (nearly £80), I realised I like the song, but not enough to pay that much to see Judas Priest (2024 version) live.

Back