Judas Priest Survivor 2014 Results - Sentinel wins!

Are you happy with the results?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • What the fuck are you doing Stardust?

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
I'll have a hard time voting for anything on Sin After Sin apart from Last Rose and Raw Deal...

Eliminated Songs
One for the Road - 7 votes
Never Satisfied - 6 votes
Genocide - 6 votes

Promoted Songs
Run of the Mill - Quarterfinals
Rocka Rolla - Semifinals

Please eliminate The Ripper. It's not a bad song, but it coming 8th last time was a joke.

That's also pretty bad to be fair, but Sinner is one of the best songs on SAS.

What's the argumentation behind that? Maybe they are just too complex for some of you guys. <_<
tumblr_inline_n8as3j0VGb1qdrhlj.gif

:p

Starbreaker is a good but very flat and simple song compared to the others. Typically something that eighties Priest fans (like me ;--) ) would appreciate.

However, the other songs are deeper, richer, darker, more emotional, more intense, just more special.

Here Come the Tears isn't one of Mikael Akerfeldt's favourite songs for nothing. Everything that represents the calmer and beautiful, haunting side of Opeth can be summarized to that track. Halford's contribution can't be praised enough. What the man does with his voice is topnotch. The song builds up to a fantastic climax. The solo is better. Everything about it is better than what goes on in Starbreaker.

And well, Dissident Aggressor is simply the heaviest song of the seventies. With awesome double bass playing. And mindblowing vocal performance again.

But what are we doing here? We turn to thirteen in a dozen music.

Just in case (even though I know it's too late now), the remasters have made a wrong cut. This is how Here Come the Tears really should be heard:

Last edited:
Back