Judas Priest Discography Discussion (part 2 starting page 20)

It's short, but he'll yeah.
I don't think they've scheduled Vancouver yet, but I may have to plan a trip to Seattle.

Man, I wish I could. If they were TWO WEEKS LATER I'd be able to manage it, with all my svelt new job cash.

Decent setlist, nowhere near as great as the Epitaph tour. Devil's Child alone would be worth it though.

Edit: Just realized they finally got rid of Painkiller. It's about time. Seeing them play that nowadays is painful.

Last edited:
Horrible setlist, pisses me off that 4 songs from Redeemer get to be played live while Nostradamus only got 2 :censored:

My complaint would be the choice of songs off Redeemer. Battle Cry is only an intro? Halls and March are two of the weakest songs on the album also.

I like those songs a lot but yea I wish some of the other songs would get played. Sword of Damocles is better than anything on the setlist, for example.
Also disappointing that there's nothing from the 2nd disc. Those songs are just as good as the ones on the main disc, if not better.

Could be better still. There are what, 19 songs on this new album? I wish t these older band would have more confidence in their new music.

As if their past is like a Sword of Damocles. Stuck to the classics. Well, they still didn't play Painkiller.

And let's hope they never bring it back. :D admittedly, there isn't really much room to replace the staples with new songs, on top of the rarities they threw in.

Isn't that called improvement? :) Finally more focus on the latest release again. ;)
Not if the latest release sucks as much as Redeemer does :p

Also, y'all are crazy for wanting Painkiller out, I'd rather have the bad vocal version of past 10 years than any of the Redeemer junk. Why can't they play Leather Rebel at least, that song's the easiest Painkiller song for Rob to sing...

Redeemer is way better than Nostradamus and its songs work better in a live context played outside of the album sip it makes sense. It is lame though that they never played the whole thing live.

My reaction whenever something positive is said about Redeemer:
131.gif

Iryo, I just genuinely don't get why it gets any love whatsoever :p And why Nostradamus doesn't :(

Haven't gotten the new cd yet but I heard most of it. Sounds pretty good. I like it better than Nostradamous. I have tickets for Saturday so I'm looking forward to that. The last tour Halford kinda had to find all sorts of creative ways to avoid all the high notes which is kinda tricky, but it was still good. That's why I"m not so sure how well Devil's child will come off live on this tour. He was able to do it well on the 2008 tour, but 6 years is a long time. They've reached the point where they have to be very selective of the songs they play because Halford set the bar so high that it's impossible for any human to sing a lot of these songs at any age much less over 60.

I quite enjoyed Redeemer, and I thought it was much better than Nostradamus. However, I will grant that I may have an odd taste: I prefer their material with a more hard rock feel, as opposed to their more metal stuff. My favorite song on the album was "Crossfire" because that bluesy riff is not merely badass by itself, it also makes a great contrast to the rest of the album.

My biggest impression from Redeemer is that Halford is now clearly the weak link in Priest. Reminds me of the similar decline of Ian Gillan. How the mighty fall; time cannot be denied.

I heard both Gillan and Halford live and they can't be compared. Deep Purple nowadays plays only a few songs that require a lot of effort from Gillan. Gillan's much livelier on stage, talks more etc. He can still pull off a couple of great screams too. Plus their new material is much more... adapted to their age.
Whereas Priest plays songs that are out of Halford's reach nowadays. Painkiller alone is harder to sing than anything Deep Purple played in the last 10 years.

Back