Janick's Guitar and mods

Please, does anyone know what kind of Strat (the black and white one) Jan uses and what kind of modifications (scratch plate, pickups, neck, bridge...) he has done to it??????????? Any info on it would be great! Thanks.

There's a picture of the guitar I am talking about below

[attachmentid=460]

P.S. There's a Jan attached to it too [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Well, I know Janick uses some seymour duncan jb jr. pickups. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Check out [a href=\'http://ironmaiden.webvis.net/janick.html\' target=\'_blank\']this[/a] website. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

[!--QuoteBegin-Panos the clansman+Jul 27 2005, 07:44 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Panos the clansman @ Jul 27 2005, 07:44 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Please, does anyone know what kind of Strat (the black and white one) Jan uses and what kind of modifications (scratch plate, pickups, neck, bridge...) he has done to it??????????? Any info on it would be great! Thanks.

There's a picture of the guitar I am talking about below

[attachmentid=460]

P.S. There's a Jan attached to it too [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]113296[/snapback]​
[/quote]
taken from Seymour Duncan website:

GW: What are your main guitars and how are they set up?
SH: I've been using a Fender Precision Bass for years. I've tried other basses over the years, but I always go back to using P-Basses. It's a basic design, but it totally does what I need it to do. I've got one that?s white with my favorite soccer team's crest painted on it, which the Fender Custom Shop did for me. That?s the bass that I've used for years. It used to be blue with a mirror scratchplate. Before that it was black and it was white when I first got it. So it's had a few makeovers, but it's the same one. It's got a [Custom Shop] Basslines pickup which I use in all of my basses to help them keep a consistent sound, and a Badass II bridge. I like the pickup at about medium height?not too high or low. I like the action set as low as it can go without buzzing and I use Rotosound flatwounds, which is unusual for this kind of music.

JG: I have a black Fender Custom Shop Strat' that's a copy of my original '66 Strat. It was the main guitar I used on the album and I also have a white '70s model, too. I like the action pretty high because I don't want any fret buzz. I use .010-.046-gauge strings and heavy picks.

DM: I've been playing Fender guitars for years and my main one is a Strat with Hot Rails and a Floyd Rose tremolo. The newer Fenders are real workhorse guitars that can take the strain of the road and they sound great for what we're doing. I use a Les Paul, too, which I played on some of the solos on the record. The Les Paul adds more variety to all the Strat sounds. I like to get underneath the strings so I can bend, so I don't like the action too low. I prefer it sort of high. I'm using .009s and heavy picks.

AS: I've got a Strat with a maple neck and Floyd Rose bridge. It's just one in a hundred guitars, but it's a bit special. I don't really use the single-coils, but use the bridge-position humbucker most of the time. I've also got a goldtop Les Paul that I used on 'Blood Brothers', but most of the time I use my Strat. I have the action set up quite high these days. I used to set it really low, but I think that it sounds better with higher action, because you get more vibration and sustain. I have the pickups set up as high as they can go without getting caught in the strings. I think that if you can get the guitar as loud as it can go acoustically, when you plug in an amp you're going to be ahead of the game. I use custom-gauge strings (.009, .011, .016. .024, .036, .046) and heavy picks.

I understand that Janick has 2 Fender guitars, but for the rest of the guitarists (Dave and Adrian), don't they have more ?
Or are they just talking about the ones they used for the BNW album ? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

[!--QuoteBegin-7th Death of a 7th Death+Aug 2 2005, 05:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7th Death of a 7th Death @ Aug 2 2005, 05:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I understand that Janick has 2 Fender guitars, but for the rest of the guitarists (Dave and Adrian), don't they have more ?
Or are they just talking about the ones they used for the BNW album ?  [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers
[snapback]113853[/snapback]​
[/quote]
there they talked about guitars used on BNW tour, not their private collection. Those 2 guitars Jan has are guitars that he uses on the road

Back