Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Altough Bruce hasn't properly confirmed that next year we'll have a brand new tour, I don't think it will be another FP leg. The only 2 precedents we have are Maiden England and Legacy of the Beast. I think that the former happened because of some problems with the label, at least I heard so somewhere. Legacy 2020 should have happened because they didn't play Asia/Oceania during the previous legs, and they added Europe to maximize the incomes (of course it all went to shit and plans changed). With the FPT they will visit every usual market by the end of this year, so they can easily change the theme next year. Also, wouldn't be weird to call the tour after the name of a song from the latest album which by 2025 would be 4 years old? They can replace the songs from SJ with some classics, but at that point they could just change the tour.

The comments from Bruce only adds up to this scenario.

BTW, do we know what the band was doing in early/late 2022 and late 2023? Like, do we have pics, IG stories and stuff like that?

I was never a fan of tours with a third leg.
Same here.
Something special seems to be a brand-new tour referring to their 50 Anniversary and extraordinary special effects, stage - props, or something. The most likely is a setlist including "The Greatest Hits" and Alexander the Great as an epic special, they may play Rime too. 50 Anni tour may span two consecutive years, mostly stadium/festival shows in Europe/UK and both Americas. The band was formed on 25th December 1975, but their very first show was played in May 1976 - so, everything is right according to historical facts. I predict 27 - 30 shows around Europe/UK next year and in both Americas in 2026. The tour production should be their most spectacular to date. I guess I'm pretty right.
Good guess. Maybe only in Europe like in 2018. ''Special'' should mean a new tour (for 2, or 3 years like they sometimes do) or some kind of a release.

Alexander won't be an epic special for the tour since it is being played now. To Tame A Land would be.

About the stage, they really need to think of something to surpass the current tour stage (the visuals). Idk what.
Altough Bruce hasn't properly confirmed that next year we'll have a brand new tour, I don't think it will be another FP leg. The only 2 precedents we have are Maiden England and Legacy of the Beast. I think that the former happened because of some problems with the label, at least I heard so somewhere. Legacy 2020 should have happened because they didn't play Asia/Oceania during the previous legs, and they added Europe to maximize the incomes (of course it all went to shit and plans changed). With the FPT they will visit every usual market by the end of this year, so they can easily change the theme next year. Also, wouldn't be weird to call the tour after the name of a song from the latest album which by 2025 would be 4 years old? They can replace the songs from SJ with some classics, but at that point they could just change the tour. The comments from Bruce only adds up to this scenario.
This. Different tours and setlists as much as possible. The current tour is unique, special and a great bonus.
Also, in a recent interview, Roy mentioned that Maiden were planing some kind of a break in 2012 (for how long we don't know, but he and Bruce wanted to do some solo shows), so maybe Maiden just quickly decided to do another popular Hits tour (similar to the SBIT in setlist) before recording the album. The 3rd leg was also probably done because Bruce was busy back then with his solo album (Maiden recorded after the tour) and instead of tacking a break for a whole year, they extended it. They could easily have done a new short 1-year tour like in 2005.
BTW, do we know what the band was doing in early/late 2022 and late 2023? Like, do we have pics, IG stories and stuff like that?
Why? Bruce was busy promoting his solo album at the end of last year. As for late 2022, idk, I guess they were busy with their other interests after the longer tour (until late October) and preparing/comping up with TFP idea.

There is a great mystery around these periods. I think Maiden members have been discretely brought to Area 51 to record secretely the next album. :p

Actually there isn't any mistery, it's just that we forgot what they were doing.

So far I've found this:

2021:
Early: Bruce said they booked the studio but they didn't feel right to record another album before releasing SJ (he didn't say when they did that but 2021 it's the most plausible choice)
August: Bruce spoken tour.
Late: Bruce spoken tour, Jon Lord tribute shows, British Lion tour.

2022:
January to March: Bruce spoken tour.
April: Nicko playing with Titanium Tart, possibly Bruce recording Mandrake Project.
Late april - late October: LOTB tour.

2023:
January: Bruce spoken tour and Nicko stroke.
March: Jon Lord tribute shows.
April: Bruce went to RnR Ribs (but I guess we can rule out them recording something with Nicko still recovering).
May to October: FP Tour.
Late: couldn't find anything apart from RnR Ribs Party.

2024:
January: British Lion tour.
March: Bruce's promotion for Mandrake Project, Nicko doing the 2 shows at Royal Albert Hall.
April (well, now): Rehearsals/Bruce's tour.
April to July: Bruce's tour.
August to December: rehearsals/FP Tour.

Doesn't look good for a new album tour. We knew that already but I never bother to actually check if there were some openings. Unless they did something in late august/early september 2023 (which can be mixed later) I don't see any.

Actually there isn't any mistery, it's just that we forgot what they were doing.

So far I've found this:

2021:
Early: Bruce said they booked the studio but they didn't feel right to record another album before releasing SJ (he didn't say when they did that but 2021 it's the most plausible choice)
August: Bruce spoken tour.
Late: Bruce spoken tour, Jon Lord tribute shows, British Lion tour.

2022:
January to March: Bruce spoken tour.
April: Nicko playing with Titanium Tart, possibly Bruce recording Mandrake Project.
Late april - late October: LOTB tour.

2023:
January: Bruce spoken tour and Nicko stroke.
March: Jon Lord tribute shows.
April: Bruce went to RnR Ribs (but I guess we can rule out them recording something with Nicko still recovering).
May to October: FP Tour.
Late: couldn't find anything apart from RnR Ribs Party.

2024:
January: British Lion tour.
March: Bruce's promotion for Mandrake Project, Nicko doing the 2 shows at Royal Albert Hall.
April (well, now): Rehearsals/Bruce's tour.
April to July: Bruce's tour.
August to December: rehearsals/FP Tour.

Doesn't look good for a new album tour. We knew that already but I never bother to actually check if there were some openings. Unless they did something in late august/early september 2023 (which can be mixed later) I don't see any.
My post was some kind of sarcastic and it was a joke. ;)

If they indeed do new tour next year what song might be the opener. There was discussion I think in Bruce's thread that Moonchild would be good option, but are there any other songs that might fill the spot. I would like to hear Eternity again as a opener, fantastic mood creator. As I would like Wickerman, but somebody said it might be too tricky for Nicko (but then again he is Nicko fucking McBrain who played CSIT last year).

One thing I absolutely love about Maiden's album tours and something they've done ever since POM is that the concert opens with a new song from the album, usually the opener. The throwback tours had logical opener choices since they could go back and just reuse the opener from the earlier setlist. For other kinds of hits tours I don't really have any strong feelings one way or another.

Moonchild, or some other song that hasn't been played live in a while would be great. Please no Aces High, it's been featured far too heavily post-reunion. Let it finally rest.

One thing I absolutely love about Maiden's album tours and something they've done ever since POM is that the concert opens with a new song from the album, usually the opener. The throwback tours had logical opener choices since they could go back and just reuse the opener from the earlier setlist. For other kinds of hits tours I don't really have any strong feelings one way or another.
This. For the first time it's really curious.

I would guess: Moonchild, unfortunately. This song as an opener not on an icy stage would be weird. A memorable opener from one of their best albums.

Other surprising candidates are Be Quick Or Be Dead/Tailgunner and (I doubt) Wicker Man (because of Nicko, it's different case from CSIT) and If Eternity Should Fail (popular song). It kind of depends on the theme, but songs like Murders, Prowler, Futureal, Final Frontier, Wildest Dreams are anthemic openers.

I want either Be Quick or Futureal. Imagine Trooper as an opener! In 2003, Number Of The Beast was the opener.

I would guess: Moonchild, unfortunately.

Words "Moonchild" and "unfortunately" in a setlist guess do not belong together... ;)

*BOOOM*

I AM HE... THE BORNLESS ONE!

One of my favourite openers for sure! Would love to witness it again and I'm sure it'd be magnificent performance, given how great Bruce still sounds and how they've approached the stage shows recently.

Strongly biased opinion, I know. Sorry. :D

I wish Maiden would get a little more adventurous with their openers. The few tours where they open with something other than a song that starts an album have been interesting twists. Another grab bag tour would be the perfect opportunity to blindside everybody from song 1, but I also know that’s not really how they operate.

In terms of what’s likely, I would say Moonchild or The Wicker Man are the most likely candidates to kick off the next nostalgia tour. Tried and true candidates and probably the next most iconic Maiden show openers after Aces High. I could see them giving Aces a rest and really a lot of it is going to be based on what the stage theming ends up being.

I wish Maiden would get a little more adventurous with their openers. The few tours where they open with something other than a song that starts an album have been interesting twists. Another grab bag tour would be the perfect opportunity to blindside everybody from song 1, but I also know that’s not really how they operate.

In terms of what’s likely, I would say Moonchild or The Wicker Man are the most likely candidates to kick off the next nostalgia tour. Tried and true candidates and probably the next most iconic Maiden show openers after Aces High. I could see them giving Aces a rest and really a lot of it is going to be based on what the stage theming ends up being.
Would I be right in thinking that the last time they opened a show with a song that wasn’t an album opener was Murders in the Rue Morgue in 2005? I thought the use of Beast in 2003 was quite quirky and worked well.

I could see them bringing back something like Ides of March followed by either Prowler, Wrathchild or Murders.

I agree. I wish they would open with something unexpected. I think Run To The Hills would be a good opener, wouldn't it? A bit weird, but because it's a sing along song, I honestly think it would work great and set a good mood. I know it's an overplayed song and all, but I'd really like to see it again. But yeah, not gonna happen as opener. Just making a small talk here.

What other 'weird' or unexpected songs you guys think would work as an opener?

I agree. I wish they would open with something unexpected. I think Run To The Hills would be a good opener, wouldn't it? A bit weird, but because it's a sing along song, I honestly think it would work great and set a good mood. I know it's an overplayed song and all, but I'd really like to see it again. But yeah, not gonna happen as opener. Just making a small talk here.

2 Minutes to Midnight could work in the same vain as The Wicker Man. Opening the show with a spotlight on H playing the opening riff and the rest of the band coming in with some pyro.

I can see it.

I’m just out for a walk listening to Maiden and I decided on Senjutsu. Maybe they should open with the title track again…

In all seriousness I actually enjoyed it as an opener but I wouldn’t want to see it again.

Did I imagine it or they did a tour (or some shows at least) where they opened with The Number of the Beast?

BTW The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner would do well... not only because it is an opener – of SiT's side B –, but also because they could do what they used to do with Moonchild: recorded intro, then BANG! and they jump on stage when the verse starts.

Back