Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

If next year's tour is going to be a 50 years/Hits celebration, then the stage set will be curious - because they won't have a ''guiding theme'' like in 2003 for the GME tour (the 2005 tour had, the 1982 tour; LOTB too, more or less). I hope they won't use lots of Eddies as a decor again so it can be unique. I don't know what the upgrade to the current tour might be, but I sure hope so it will be a spectacular stage.

It would be absolutely great but I think they do something referring to their 50 Anniversary maybe with some LAD motives. Resurrecting Big Eddie would be cool anyway.

I think that to do a LAD themed tour it's enough to celebrate 50 years. They could also do a special reissue as they did with Number of the Beast/Beast over Hammersmith.

The main reasons I'm starting to think they will do something like that are:

- Bruce said various times that he wanted to do songs like Rime again
- There are quite a few stadiums already booked for next year, and LAD represent their most popular era. Just advertising the tour as a celebration of that era will be enough to sell shitload of tickets.
- It will be 40 years since its release.
- The LAD setlist is basically a greatest hits setlist. Also, in 2008 they didn't play songs from the Hammersmith shows (22 Acacia Avenue, Wrathchild, Phantom of The Opera). If they include those then it can be seen as a 50 years celebration too.
- The tombstone which gets uncovered on the screen(s) during Hell on Earth it's the same as the one on LAD cover. We know Maiden plans way in advance, and that's the kind of hint Maiden give us.
- The setlist wouldn't be too demanding, at least from the "we gotta learn these songs again" side. Aces High, Children of the Damned, Powerslave... all songs they've been playing "recently".

Again, it's just and idea that popped in to my mind.

I actually think they might do LOTB style tour, but the three worlds will be themed after World Slavery Tour, Somewhere On Tour and Seventh Tour. And I have a feeling that Rime, Alex and SSOASS might be played.

No way they're gonna play all those three.
Also, I'm pretty sure they won't return to the "realms" thing. It worked okay in 2018/19 but it was a pain in the ass for the crew. And, sugar on the cream, it completely ruined the 2022 leg.

No way they're gonna play all those three.
Also, I'm pretty sure they won't return to the "realms" thing. It worked okay in 2018/19 but it was a pain in the ass for the crew. And, sugar on the cream, it completely ruined the 2022 leg.
2022 leg wasn't good yeah. But the 2018-2019 was very cool and it worked.

Considering LOTB was a success, I think they might do it again. If you play stadiums, you can afford a bigger roadcrew. Also, I might add that all those 3 stage sets have less promps than the cathedral did. That change from war to cathedral was impressive by roadcrew.

I think if they did this style of tour, they would start with Seventh Son songs as the plain white stageset is the easiest one to cover the other 2.

That has no correlation. The crew is the same. I might be wrong, but I think I've read somewhere that for the 2022 leg they even had less people and that was mostly a stadium tour.
It depends what you need. 2022 is an anomaly as a lot of roadcrew around the world quit and got other jobs thanks to that little virus bastard.

Also, they were in a middle of a tour.

That has no correlation. The crew is the same. I might be wrong, but I think I've read somewhere that for the 2022 leg they even had less people and that was mostly a stadium tour.
I hope they do something special for stadium shows - bigger production, lighting rigs, sets, and maybe additional effects. Stadium shows are the only chance to improve some things they have never done in the past, and the 50 Anni would be a great opportunity to propose something "out of this world".

It depends what you need. 2022 is an anomaly as a lot of roadcrew around the world quit and got other jobs thanks to that little virus bastard.

Also, they were in a middle of a tour.

I think they tried to have less people as possible because of Covid, but that shows that they can easily do that with the same crew. Remember that you have to pay those people, even when you're not playing, so it's unlikely they will get a bigger crew

Back