Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Maiden's new albums will still sell well worldwide. They're not in the same situation as some of those other legacy bands. Some bands don't make new albums because they can no longer make money from them. Maiden still makes good money from new albums. Plus they sell lots of concert tickets whether they tour a new album or greatest hits. Plus they're still creatively fertile and like making new music.
Exactly. Maiden still sell shitload of records.

Maiden's new albums will still sell well worldwide. They're not in the same situation as some of those other legacy bands. Some bands don't make new albums because they can no longer make money from them. Maiden still makes good money from new albums. Plus they sell lots of concert tickets whether they tour a new album or greatest hits. Plus they're still creatively fertile and like making new music.
This example was not specifically for Maiden. They are tuns of others bands or musicians in this world that make more money with touring than with recording new music nowadays. ;) Kiss and Aerosmith are two of them. :p

Actually, new album tours get advertised way better than "history" tours.

That being said, all the talks about Maiden not recording/releasing a new album because of their label are totally nosense. If Maiden haven't released a new album yet is because they have other plans.

The important thing here is that next year we won't see an album tour but an "history" tour (aka no new songs).

Even if they record in early spring 2025 (which is the earliest possible time), the tour in summer 2025 likely won't be a new album tour, as it won't be released for at least 6 months.

And don't say "the album is recorded", because we know it isn't (information directly from the band).
I didn't say that "the album is recorded" in my last post, I just wrote "we'll see", which means "we'll see what will happen in the next months" and nothing more. ;) So, it would be nice from you to not misinterprete my last post. :)

Last edited:
@Diplomat : Backing vocals are kind of singing too. OK, they are not as exhausting as main vocals, but you have to sing to do backing vocals, so... :D

Last edited:

Since there are quite some shows confirmed already for 2025 it wouldn't be surprising to see Maiden at Download next year.

Later in the chat, Copping said he would still consider booking more established acts in the future, explaining: “There are certain bands that I feel transcend ‘heritage’ if you like.

“I think Metallica fall into that. I think Iron Maiden fall into that category. AC/DC for me definitely fall into that category. They’re able to sit comfortably alongside the newer more contemporary acts that are coming through.”

Last edited:
Please for the love of god no. No Maiden fan wants them at Download, and no one who goes to Download wants them either.

I agree entirely. But just look at the current lineup for 2024. One of their weakest ever. Maiden might not sell much anymore there but they will surely sell better than this year.

Also, the fact he was already so close to book 2025 headliners that early is another hint. Maiden has already quite a few shows confirmed already and I don't think it ever happened so soon.

I'd love to see "To Tame A Land", but it's very difficult on bass - perhaps the most challenging song Harris has ever played. I wonder if, at this stage in his career, he'd be willing to devote that much effort to such a difficult, obscure song. (I hope he proves me wrong though).
True, but Celts is played live and it's one of the most lively bass songs since the Reunion. To Tame A Land is one of Steve's favorite songs of his own, I think Bruce is not a fan of it because of the lyrics. I'm sure he will love to play one of his (80's) epics live. Like he loves to play Celts live (otherwise they would have played Parchment), that's for sure.

Speaking of Celts, here's a close-up of Steve in action with the acoustic bass (another trademark for epicness):

Actually, new album tours get advertised way better than "history" tours.

If Maiden haven't released a new album yet is because they have other plans.
This.

Thank god they didnt. The most boring song Maiden have ever written.
big-lebowski-the-dude.gif

Back