Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Olympic Stadium capacity is 65/70k seats. I know it's more than Maiden's record crowd, but it's also the home of West Ham and their homeland. It's also something new which would attract a lot of curious people too.

To keep it short: it would be a special event and the appeal to both diehard fans and casual fans would be enormous. They surely have the numbers for filling it once. They might try to another smaller stadium somewhere far from London and see how it goes.

I'd say it again. Fat chance!

Olympic Stadium with some big bands opening for them (for example Slipknot and Aman Amarth or Sabaton) would be a great idea to attract 55-60K people for their solo gig on British soil.

Seeing Bruce, Adrian or Nicko in Paris doesn't mean anything IMO.

However, seeing any of the other 3 band members in Paris would make me super suspicious. Same with Kevin.

I'd say it again. Fat chance!
So it was to play 3 stadium shows in Germany and looked how it ended :D

I'm not saying it will happen, but if it will not happen it would probably be due to the fact they would have better incomes but doing something else (aka Download). If they play London on a saturday, with bands like Sabaton opening it would sell out for sure. But again, playing with band that size has a cost.

No way is Iron Maiden filling a 65,000 seat venue and especially not with Judas Priest. The bands have a massive overlap in their fanbase. I'd wager (having no reliable data whatsoever) that 50% of the audience that sees Maiden gigs also sees Priest gigs.

So, math time, last time Maiden played London they did 2 nights at the O2 Arena, which probably has a capacity of about 16,000 or so for a concert with a stage at the end? At maximum, that's a total of 32,000 people (and no doubt many of those were going to both shows so let's say....25,000 at a stretch).

Priest are about to play the OVO Arena, which has a concert capacity of probably around 10,000 or so? If they sell that out, we're looking at an average London ticket sales in the realm of 25k for Maiden and 10k for Priest. And no doubt half of the people seeing Priest are also seeing Maiden. So, let's give them a health average of 30,000 tickets for London.

Add on top of that all the people who would travel to London for such a special event, I'd say....maybe 10,000 people at most?

That's still a 20-25,000 ticket sales deficit.

then probably Priest might win the challenge with Bruce solo carreer.
Bruce may surprise us if he continues to tour and release albums.
They surely have tons of ideas, that doesn't mean they will go for all of those. I remember some band's members talking about having a lot of unused songs from the BOS sessions, and yet they wrote most of Senjutsu in studio
That's true, but who knows if they haven't used some of their ideas.
I think what's plausible, if Maiden are really going to do it, it's that they've been writing and maybe even recording something for a bit now (that would explain Adrian in Paris, but he might just've visited Bruce), start the recording sessions while Bruce is away (of course Bruce can listen to the drafts while on tour, he did the same with Tyranny of Souls and that was 19 years ago), adjusting something before the tour starts and then finish the job in a week or two after Christmas. It's a bit messy but hey, The Final Frontier was recorded in one place and mixed in another.
It's not impossible (for recording and mixing too), but that's not their usual way of doing things. Although their schedule will be busy for the next few years. Soooo.? Bruce was in London with Nicko, his wife shared a photo, and unless some of the other band members are spotted in Paris, Adrian is there for a holiday. Bruce's solo tours in the upcoming years (they are expected) will take some of Maiden's free time for writing.
Kevin will most likely see Maiden because he lives in Sydney and they're playing there, I wouldn't read too much into it.
Maybe, but maybe not.
Invincible Shield will be the highest-charted album in the band's career with overall results paired (probably) with the last IM album. I don't know how many copies it sold in the first week of sales but usually, there was no comparison between them and Maiden, since Firepower Priest's commercial status is way bigger than it usually used to be.
Even if that will be true, I can't see a conncetion with a tour. Maiden tour every year. There is really no comparison, Maiden are bigger than ever.

Last edited:
Seeing Bruce, Adrian or Nicko in Paris doesn't mean anything IMO.

However, seeing any of the other 3 band members in Paris would make me super suspicious. Same with Kevin.

I would say seeing Bruce in Paris doesn't mean anything since he lives there.
Adrian in Paris it's uncommon but still it's not like he went to some unknown place where there is only a studio.

However, if we knew that Bruce, Adrian and Nicko are in Paris at the same time then it starts to getting a little too suspicious. Bruce was at the Nicko's London shows, btw.

No way is Iron Maiden filling a 65,000 seat venue and especially not with Judas Priest. The bands have a massive overlap in their fanbase. I'd wager (having no reliable data whatsoever) that 50% of the audience that sees Maiden gigs also sees Priest gigs.

So, math time, last time Maiden played London they did 2 nights at the O2 Arena, which probably has a capacity of about 16,000 or so for a concert with a stage at the end? At maximum, that's a total of 32,000 people (and no doubt many of those were going to both shows so let's say....25,000 at a stretch).

Priest are about to play the OVO Arena, which has a concert capacity of probably around 10,000 or so? If they sell that out, we're looking at an average London ticket sales in the realm of 25k for Maiden and 10k for Priest. And no doubt half of the people seeing Priest are also seeing Maiden. So, let's give them a health average of 30,000 tickets for London.

Add on top of that all the people who would travel to London for such a special event, I'd say....maybe 10,000 people at most?

That's still a 20-25,000 ticket sales deficit.

Nobody said anything about Priest, but I'm happy to see someone else understand the reasons why a Maiden/Priest tour will never happen.

However, you can't compare 2 arena shows with a stadium show, especially since those 2 are part of a larger tour in the country. By that logic Maiden would never have reached almost 45k tickets sold in 2008, nor they could've played stadiums in Germany, Spain or Poland.

There are a lot of factors in play when discussing about the potential turnout of a show. Promotion, supporting bands, period of the year, prices, appeal of the location, appeal of the tour and many more that goes behind the scenes. Stadium shows are generally more appealing to casual fans, for example (not talking about Maiden specifically).

Also, let's no forget that a show doesn't have to sell out in order to be profitable. Yeah, it's good to see the whole venue packed, but if just, let's say 55k fans show up it's still an incredible success.

In many countries they just did it: Poland, Spain, Germany, Finland, Sweden all over Latin America.

Please name the venues or at least the shows you're talking about.

Plus, I said "except in South America".

Okay, thinking about it further, they played some massive venues in Sweden. Not Germany, though. But ignore what I said.

Please name the venues or at least the shows you're talking about.

Plus, I said "except in South America".

Germany: Stuttgart 2022 (wasn't a stadium but it was supposed to be a stadium, which was also smaller). That adds up to Cologne (40k), Berlin (20k), Bremen (35k) and Frankfurt (30k) on the same year.

Sweden: every show at Ullevi for example.

Poland: I think the show back in 2008 and Warsaw 2022 for sure.

Spain: Madrid 2018 and Barcelona 2022.

France: Paris 2022 (it was a 40k stadium but it sold out in 3 or 4 days)

Finland: Helsinki 2008 (and they had another stadium show in Tampere, I think?)

Anyway, Rammstein use to barely fill arenas in most of the markets and after a couple of year they become the Metal act who sells more tickets right now.

Maiden right now is a stadium band and it's undeniable. I mean, even if FPT 2023 was basically all arenas, how many bands could sell out every single show, festival included?

They played at the Metropolitano in Madrid in 2018 (74k), but it was their only show there that year. I think Maiden can fill stadiums at some countries but in a setting like this, only one concert and preferably on a weekend for people to travel. Paris 2022 and Madrid 2018 were on saturdays, for example.

I can see them filling in the Olympic Stadium in London if they do it like that. Last year they played in London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow in the UK. In 2018 they did London, Birmingham, Manchester, Aberdeen, Belfast and Newcastle. I can see lots of people that went to see them in other cities traveling to London if it is on a Saturday and also a Greatest Hits tour (thinking about 2025).

Just some examples:
Poland, 2022, National Stadium Warsaw (I witness)
Germany, 2022, Stuttgart, Cannstatter Wasen (I witness)
Germany, 2022, Bremen, Bürgerweide
Sweden, 2005, 2008, 2011, 2016, 2022, Ullevi Stadium
Sweden, 2013, Friends Arenan
Spain, 2022, Barcelona, Olympic Stadium
Spain, 2018, Madrid, Wanda Metropolitan Stadium
Greece, 2018, Terra Vide Park (big open-air area)

... and many other places in the past, not to mention they headline the biggest festivals around the world.

Back