Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I know some people say they were disappointed in the Twickenham sales

People could say whatever they want. Sales were not disappointing.

Attendance: 44,672 Capacity: 51,754

And that was ages ago. The Future Past UK leg sold out in a day. No doubts they can play Olympic Stadium in London and maybe another stadium too.

the new album recording in Paris in early 2025 for a release date in september 2025.

No chance. Bruce will be on tour in that period.

OR, the album has been already recorded in Caveman studios in Australia and is about to be mixed and mastered by Kevin, that will present the result to the band in Sydney this september.

Nope. The album is not recorded for sure and, even if it were, he would surely send the mixes online.

They can record it in two times this time : one part where the band without Bruce composing the songs in march, another part in late july/early august where Bruce putting his voice on the new songs already recorded by the rest of the band in march/april/may.

This part is a bit more likely, but I'm sure Bruce would never accept to stay away while the rest of the band is writing/recording.

I think that the only, small, chance for Maiden to be recording right now is that they've been in the studio for a while. But Bruce was in LA lately, Nicko was in London and I think Kevin Shirley was in Vegas. The presence of a band's memeber in Paris doesn't mean Maiden is recording. Also because it's not like they're obliged to record in Paris.

Maybe they'll get ideas to compose separately, Bruce can write some lyrics and during Rehearsals in Australia get the album ready to be recorded once the tour finished

And just another thing - heydays of Iron Maiden are about to be over. I don't think the masses will fill the big venues for them for the next long years. Judas Priest is rising to be the top band, their last records are brilliant they filling big venues again. Maiden management is lame and sooner or later the band won't be able to fill stadiums/arenas. It seems to be a sad perspective for the end of their cacareer.
This is the stupidest thing I have read in a long time.

So hopefully this approcah can free up some time for Maiden to write and record new music…
Maiden will have some time in the winter of 2025, the question is whether they want to record an album, and right then.
The thing is: they might retire from touring. That doesn't mean they will retire from playing shows.
Touring is the really hard part, not playing. If they play 10 shows at year they could go on for many more years. We're speculating about the band retiring because they're old, but if we look at their performances then nothing indicates they can't do this for a "long" time still. I mean, Nicko is 71, he had a stroke and still managed to pull out a 30 dates tour, with a lot of back to back shows. And, in all honesty, their show in Milan last year was the best I've ever seen from them.
Of course age and performances are not the only thing that matters: some band members might call it a day to enjoy their billionaire lives.
This. And they can help Nicko by choosing the ''right'' songs to play live.

Adrian is in Paris...
Let's see if some of the other band members will be spotted there.
The band, including Bruce, surely had plenty of ideas during lockdowns (as Bruce said in interviews) and as the band wanted to book a studio in 2020 or 2021 after having recorded 'Senjutsu', it means they had already demos of new songs done at the time.
The band having more demos from 2019 is very possible, although they are writing more in the studio these days.
This part is a bit more likely, but I'm sure Bruce would never accept to stay away while the rest of the band is writing/recording.
They have ideas all the time, but Maiden like to work together in the studio for a few months. That's their way. Steve can write alone, but the other members collaborate. Sure, Bruce can write lyrics and stuff separately while on tour, but he's also writing a new solo album, so he needs to concentrate on one thing for a better result. They can still write early next year if the 2nd leg of Bruce's solo tour starts in March/April again, but that band will need some break after the end of the tour in December (and a full 3-4 months free, with Bruce's 2nd leg of the tour this will be impossible - his tour will most likely run through June, 1 month off, and Maiden's tour can start in August through October, which is even worse for a potential winter recording of an album. Maybe if early 2026 is free, they can record then). Bruce definitely doesn't need that much time to write and record his solo album. Kevin's visit is curious. I doubt it's about the upcoming live/video album from the current tour.

Judas Priest is rising to be the top band, their last records are brilliant they filling big venues again.

Lol I missed this.
Judas Priest started an european tour last day and even being a relatively small venue with seats on the floor they couldn't sell out. Maiden sold out an entire UK leg in one day or less. Also, they are scheduled to play massive stadiums for multiple nights at the end of 2024. Remember me last time Priest headlined and sold out even a single arena show?

Nothing against Priest, actually I love the fact that I can still buy the best tickets to see them next month (arena with a reduced capacity), but if you really want to make a comparison with the Maiden camp then probably Priest might win the challenge with Bruce solo carreer. Maiden is bigger than ever.

They have ideas all the time, but Maiden like to work together in the studio for a few months. That's their way. Steve can write alone, but the other members collaborate. Sure, Bruce can write lyrics and stuff separately while on tour, but he's also writing a new solo album, so he needs to concentrate on one thing for a better result. They can still write early next year if the 2nd leg of Bruce's solo tour starts in March/April again, but that band will need some break after the end of the tour in December (and a full 3-4 months free, with Bruce's 2nd leg of the tour this will be impossible - his tour will most likely run through June, 1 month off, and Maiden's tour can start in August through October, which is even worse for a potential winter recording of an album. Maybe if early 2026 is free, they can record then). Bruce definitely doesn't need that much time to write and record his solo album. Kevin's visit is curious. I doubt it's about the upcoming live/video album from the current tour.

They surely have tons of ideas, that doesn't mean they will go for all of those. I remember some band's members talking about having a lot of unused songs from the BOS sessions, and yet they wrote most of Senjutsu in studio (apart from Time Machine which clearly is some early draft for the BOS title track).

I think what's plausible, if Maiden are really going to do it, it's that they've been writing and maybe even recording something for a bit now (that would explain Adrian in Paris, but he might just've visited Bruce), start the recording sessions while Bruce is away (of course Bruce can listen to the drafts while on tour, he did the same with Tyranny of Souls and that was 19 years ago), adjusting something before the tour starts and then finish the job in a week or two after Christmas. It's a bit messy but hey, The Final Frontier was recorded in one place and mixed in another.

Kevin will most likely see Maiden because he lives in Sydney and they're playing there, I wouldn't read too much into it.

And just another thing - heydays of Iron Maiden are about to be over. I don't think the masses will fill the big venues for them for the next long years. Judas Priest is rising to be the top band, their last records are brilliant they filling big venues again. Maiden management is lame and sooner or later the band won't be able to fill stadiums/arenas. It seems to be a sad perspective for the end of their career.
Oh hi Rlonger.

This is the stupidest thing I have read in a long time.
Rea
Lol I missed this.
Judas Priest started an european tour last day and even being a relatively small venue with seats on the floor they couldn't sell out. Maiden sold out an entire UK leg in one day or less. Also, they are scheduled to play massive stadiums for multiple nights at the end of 2024. Remember me last time Priest headlined and sold out even a single arena show?

Nothing against Priest, actually I love the fact that I can still buy the best tickets to see them next month (arena with a reduced capacity), but if you really want to make a comparison with the Maiden camp then probably Priest might win the challenge with Bruce solo carreer. Maiden is bigger than ever.
OK, you're right, Priest released a brilliant album and generally more and more people are into it now. Invincible Shield will be the highest-charted album in the band's career with overall results paired (probably) with the last IM album. I don't know how many copies it sold in the first week of sales but usually, there was no comparison between them and Maiden, since Firepower Priest's commercial status is way bigger than it usually used to be.

They can record it in two times this time : one part where the band without Bruce composing the songs in march, another part in late july/early august where Bruce putting his voice on the new songs already recorded by the rest of the band in march/april/may. The band, including Bruce, surely had plenty of ideas during lockdowns (as Bruce said in interviews) and as the band wanted to book a studio in 2020 or 2021 after having recorded 'Senjutsu', it means they had already demos of new songs done at the time. So, for me, it's possible for the band to record something in march/april/may and after that to put Bruce vocals on them in early august.

OR, there is another possibilty : Adrian is the only member of the band in Paris now and will rejoin Bruce to work on new Maiden songs for the next album. Janick and Steve are working on songs together, Dave maybe. And then, Kevin will rejoin them all in Sydney and will start to talk with them about the new album recording in Paris in early 2025 for a release date in september 2025.

OR, the album has been already recorded in Caveman studios in Australia and is about to be mixed and mastered by Kevin, that will present the result to the band in Sydney this september.

How about Adrian spending some time in Paris with his wife as part of a holiday? I would say that is more likely than any of the scenarios you are presenting here.

Invincible Shield will be the highest-charted album in the band's career with overall results paired (probably) with the last IM album
Agree with the first part, strongly disagree with 2nd.

There is no comparison between the two band's popularity. Maiden is a stadium band and they're getting bigger year by year, Priest is still supporting in some festivals and sometimes in other acts' headline shows.

I'd say fat chance! The stadium is massive and way bigger than the venues Maiden can sell out in their home country. A short tour of smaller stadia with a strong package of support bands would be a different story though.
Olympic Stadium capacity is 65/70k seats. I know it's more than Maiden's record crowd, but it's also the home of West Ham and their homeland. It's also something new which would attract a lot of curious people too.

To keep it short: it would be a special event and the appeal to both diehard fans and casual fans would be enormous. They surely have the numbers for filling it once. They might try to another smaller stadium somewhere far from London and see how it goes.

Back