IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

VWXiuO7.jpg

Top 10
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
04. Alexander The Great
05. Hell On Earth
06. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
07. Caught Somewhere In Time
08. Wasted Years
09. The Book Of Souls
10. The Trooper

Damn, I completely missed last round, but thankfully Rime got eliminated without my vote.

As great as Hallowed is it doesn't come close to touching Powerslave's brilliance. Search your feeling folks, you know it to be true. Let's get rid of Hallowed so that Powerslave can rightfully reign supreme!

Is this the second Iron Maiden survivor in a row where these two songs are pitted against each other in the final battle...? I don't remember the previous top 10s too well beyond Hallowed winning each and every time.

About that, though.

Yeah.

Let's make Hallowed lose for once.
No.

Lets not kid ourselves, Hallowed is still the best song.

As much as I moan about Maiden refusing to drop the classics, Hallowed is the one song that I NEVER tire of hearing. It's the song that all of Maidens other epics aspire to be.

Hallowed be thy name is quite possibly THE greatest heavy metal song of all time, and for that reason it deserves the top spot, forever.

It might be the obvious, predictable, even boring answer. But it's 100% the right one.

Last edited:
Would love to see Powerslave win this, totally worthy pick.

LAST CALL for your Iron Maiden rankings!

Would love to see Powerslave win this, totally worthy pick.

LAST CALL for your Iron Maiden rankings!
For Hallowed, half the lyrics are plagerised and the solo is rather short and simplistic.
For Powerslave, totally original and the solo totally epic.
This contest isn't even close.

Rime is not in the Top 2 - wow! The BIG surprise. I feel like the votes are just to keep Hallowed from being the winner (again), which is wrong. The song deserves its legendary status and it's unsurpassed.

Now for my vote - as much as I love Powerslave (magnificent classic) and Egyptian riffs and melodies, Hallowed has something really special, like most of the other songs in the Top 10, but it feels extra special because it's ''Iron Maiden in one song''! Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Only two more votes needed to dethrone Hallowed!

Rime is not in the Top 2 - wow! The BIG surprise. I feel like the votes are just to keep Hallowed from being the winner (again), which is wrong. The song deserves its legendary status and it's unsurpassed.
Ooooor people genuinely prefer Powerslave ;) PS is a 10/10 for me, HBTN isn't. It's a legendary song for sure, but it isn't close to my top 10. Also, it deserves to get a point taken off for the plagiarism, in my opinion.

Ooooor people genuinely prefer Powerslave
Well ofc, another timeless Maiden classic, but check out some of the comments.

I also wonder if the elimination of Rime is because some fans don't like long songs? I didn't expect it at all.

Well ofc, another timeless Maiden classic, but check out some of the comments.

I also wonder if the elimination of Rime is because some fans don't like long songs? I didn't expect it at all.
I love long songs but I was never a big fan of Rime. There are dozens of epics in the Maiden discography that are better songs in my opinion; or at the very least songs that I enjoy more than Rime.

It’s because the Rime fans outnumber the others but we were split between Powerslave and Hallowed.

:ninja:

Com’on guys you are not bored of Hallowed winning? Kill Hallowed today

NP replied, soon there will be Hallowed 18, Slave 20, only 3 people needed to enslave Hallowed to the power of death!

Back