IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR 2015: Results - Hallowed wins again!

Satisfied

• Total voters
Tactical vote for BNW to attempt to save Children of the Damned. Would've voted Book of Souls otherwise.

Revelations, Clansman, Talisman and Empire are my other votes.

I just fully grasped the fact that this is the top 20 right here. While it's a good group of songs, I have my gripes.

Going by album, I don't really have too many major complaints from the first 7. I'd take The Prisoner over Children, and definitely would have kept Aces High around for longer. Also anyone voting for 7th Son probably needs to get their hearing checked. :p

Afraid to Shoot Strangers is the best song from the '90s, and top 10 overall, in my opinion.

The reunion era is where I have my biggest issues. How is Brave New World the best song from that album!? Over Thin Line, Ghost, and Blood Brothers? Really?? I even prefer Wicker Man and Nomad, but that's just me.

The top 2 songs from Dance of Death survived, so I have no issues here. I do love No More Lies and Montségur, but I can understand them not being in the top 20.

BTATS being the top AMOLAD song is a travesty. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, but it's not better than These Colours, Longest Day, Benjamin Breeg, Lord of Light, or THE FUCKING LEGACY! :mad: ...which brings me to my next point.

The Talisman. It's still here despite not even holding a candle to The Legacy. :confused: It also doesn't come close to Starblind, Avalon, and Wild Wind, the top 3 of the album.

For TBOS, I can understand the final 3. I'd probably put TRATB and Shadows ahead of Eternity and Empire, myself. (Maybe even Sorrows, as well.) But if the title track can at least make it to the top 10, I'll be happy.

-
Rant over. :p

I'm so confused by these votes. Why do so many people dislike Empire? Do people really think Talisman is a better seafaring song than Ghost of the Navigator? Eight votes for Revelations?!

1. Wrote on that before
2. Yes, although I admit it's very close.
3. Now that's a travesty, indeed.

The song selection leaves something to be desired.

How is Brave New World the best song from that album!?

That and also the fact there's only one song off AMOLAD, whereas we still have Children in the game.

I'm so confused by these votes. Why do so many people dislike Empire? Do people really think Talisman is a better seafaring song than Ghost of the Navigator? Eight votes for Revelations?!

1. People are crazy.
2. People are crazy.
3. People are crazy.

The reunion era is where I have my biggest issues. How is Brave New World the best song from that album!? Over Thin Line, Ghost, and Blood Brothers? Really?? I even prefer Wicker Man and Nomad, but that's just me.

The top 2 songs from Dance of Death survived, so I have no issues here. I do love No More Lies and Montségur, but I can understand them not being in the top 20.

BTATS being the top AMOLAD song is a travesty. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, but it's not better than These Colours, Longest Day, Benjamin Breeg, Lord of Light, or THE FUCKING LEGACY! :mad: ...which brings me to my next point.

The Talisman. It's still here despite not even holding a candle to The Legacy. :confused: It also doesn't come close to Starblind, Avalon, and Wild Wind, the top 3 of the album.

For TBOS, I can understand the final 3. I'd probably put TRATB and Shadows ahead of Eternity and Empire, myself. (Maybe even Sorrows, as well.) But if the title track can at least make it to the top 10, I'll be happy.

Yeah, I agree with all of this (other than Nomad and Montsegur...).

Other than DoD and TBOS, the treatment of the reunion albums is ludicrous.

- I love BNW, but the title track is certainly middle-of-the-road as far as quality goes. Wicker Man and Ghost of the Navigator are two of the strongest songs of Maiden's entire career.
- BTATS is a 10/10 song. But it's the same situation as BNW - a great song overshadowed by much better songs that should still be in this game.
- I love The Talisman - but Wild Wind is just as good. Also, as Detective said before, Ghost is a far better song than Talisman.

As far as sea faring songs go, Talisman is better at painting a picture of the story, but Ghost is a much stronger song overall.

Ehh Ghost of the Navigator has too many choruses, after the second time through it gets a little redundant, and I usually end up skipping the song. Talisman never gets boring for me/

Starblind and The Legacy are gone, so anything that goes my way from now on is just icing on the cake.

Plus, Ghost of the Navigator ain't even up there any more, so what does it matter what Cried thinks about seafaring...

It would be more interesting to ask why at least two jocks have selected the only jocksong up there. Or what Stardust is playing at!

Back