Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course IF they do a "Legacy of the Beast" tour, they certainly will not play The Legacy. I am basing this on the fact they did not play Caught Somewhere in Time on the Somewhere Back in Time tour.

20431383_715192485346001_6602707695334202026_n.jpg

Found this on the Facebook page of German Rock Hard magazine. Before you ask: It's a joke from the side of Thomas Hoffmann, he asked if Maiden would play at a small local metal party. But the response from the Maiden camp may still provide some food for thought.

20431383_715192485346001_6602707695334202026_n.jpg

Found this on the Facebook page of German Rock Hard magazine. Before you ask: It's a joke from the side of Thomas Hoffmann, he asked if Maiden would play at a small local metal party. But the response from the Maiden camp may still provide some food for thought.

I don't know if that screen is true yet

They will play Legacy of the Beast, a strange medley consisting of The Legacy and The Number of the Beast instead, thus taking a page out of Metallica's 90s playbook as far as setlist construction is concerned.

"Iron Maiden confirms symphonic performance of Steve Harris solo album British Lion in its entirety"

"Iron Maiden confirms 1978 lineup reunion for 2018 tour, confirms performance of 'I Just Died In Your Arms' "

Dio used to do medleys all the time. They were pretty cool. Wouldn't mind seeing some Maiden medleys. Doubt it will ever happen, though.

Last time I saw/heard some medleys was with Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull : quite frustating in my opinion. The "song" ends just before the part you like the most, you never know what to expect.

The Metallica medleys were great as well. How about a medley of all the pre-No Prayer songs Maiden has never performed live and not since the album tour? I'd love to see something like that. Yes, I know. It won't happen. :p

Not a fan of medleys at all. Apart from the fact that they might miss the best bit, it adds an element of cabaret which has no place in Maiden.

It was good enough for Dio, and no one in metal was ever cooler or more badass than Ronnie James Dio. Didn't sound cabaret when he did it. I know it would work for a lot of older Maiden songs. But I also know it wont happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back