Iron Maiden RPG video game coming!

Lego

Ancient Mariner
image.jpeg Per the IMFC board, an industry blog post at this link http://www.straight.com/blogra/6178...ns-eddie-new-rpg-ea-activision-and-new-studio was taken down almost as soon as it was posted! Someone managed to grab the attached image, however. Here is the page description still visible on Google:

"This week, news that Iron Maiden's Eddie will star in his own ... Activision doubles down on e-sports."

...looks like this is the special project mentioned in the latest FC mag!

What the... Interesting, but there's no mention about 'rpg'. The short google bit tells that 'Eddie will star in his own video game' and then seems to refer to some unrelated news. Can't wait for something official. For now it's too early to say anything about this idea...

What the... Interesting, but there's no mention about 'rpg'. The short google bit tells that 'Eddie will star in his own video game' and then seems to refer to some unrelated news. Can't wait for something official. For now it's too early to say anything about this idea...
The URL of the webpage says "iron-maidens-Eddie-new-RPG-EA"

Apparently the URL just lists things mentioned in that article (looks like a news summary). 'EA' stands for 'EA brings game subscriptions to Windows' according to google, so I think 'Eddie' and 'new rpg' are different subjects. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong, we'll see ;) I hope it's not rpg, I don't see it...

Let's hope this is better than ed hunter lol. God that game was a turd. I remember the band bigging it right up just prior to release saying how it has the most amazing graphics and being so disappointed when I actually played it.

Man, this was 17 years ago, then the EH was OK... I think IM will give us something more than just an another PRG. I focused on the soundtrack, it could be outstanding experience with many live recordings never published 'till now.

So it is 'RPG'... But mobile and f2p (pay2win...)? I'm not thrilled about this, despite being a video game fan. I'd rather see some kind of old-school 3D platformer with Eddie, but I understand why they're going for mobile. Well... Until the first trailer there's still not much to say.

There's more PR talk on ironmaiden.com and the dev's site reveals the game will be turn-based. I only hope they will nail art design, which is not a given...

Meh, I'll try it. I don't mind free to play if the balance is good. If the balance is more of a pay to win they'll never get a cent out of me.

I'm a bit dissappointed it's mobile and not for a proper platform. Having said that, it'll probably be simple and fun, and rare Maiden live recordings in the soundtrack are certainly something to look forward to!

What does pay to win mean? That you play for a certain time, and then paying to play more?
Basically 'free to play' means that you can play the game with no limit, but buying stuff allows you to unlock things, which make the experience much more fun. If the game's system is well balanced, you can unlock everything by just playing longer and microtransactions are like a boost. When it's poorly balanced, you feel like you're playing a demo and it turns into 'pay to win'... That's just a general example because obviously it's different in every game.

Ed Hunter is crap, but the enjoyable kind of crap, it's so cheesy that it's quite likeable in a way.

The game doesn't have to be Fallout or Witcher, but it would be nice to see a well-developed game with more to offer than just nostalgia kicks for fans.

This is fun, but I doubt I'll play it often. It's gonna be one of those free app + in-app charges to do most things scenario, which just pisses me off. I'd rather pay $3.99 upfront for everything then to get to some point in the game and be told, "Do you want to be Powerslave Eddie?! That'll be $2.00!"

Meh.

the band doesn't have much to do with any of this anymore except to approve/disapprove

This is almost certainly true, assuming that "band" pretty much just means Steve Harris. Beer, then headphones, now a mobile game. Up next: Pez dispensers and coffins. It's the Gene Simmons business plan!

Meh.

This is almost certainly true, assuming that "band" pretty much just means Steve Harris. Beer, then headphones, now a mobile game. Up next: Pez dispensers and coffins. It's the Gene Simmons business plan!
Absolutely not.

Kiss slaps their name on any old cheap shite and hocks it to the public. At least the stuff Maiden is coming out with has been designed in tandem with Bruce and/or Steve, and is completely bespoke to Iron Maiden.

They could have easily licensed their name to some shit beer or generic headphones and made big bucks. Instead you have products that are 100% unique to the specifications decided upon by Steve/Bruce/Rod/Andy working with the product teams at Robinson's and ONKYO. You may disagree with or dislike their increasingly diverse approach to product branding, but at least give credit where it is due.

It's been that way for a long time.

As an aside can you imagine being the fellow pitching a mobile RPG game to Steve and Rod?

Steve: "So, what does Eddie do in this?"
Guy: "He runs around, see, and there's tasks for him to do."
Rod: "And we make money how?"
Guy: "Well, we let people become, say, Somewhere in Time Eddie, if they play for like 10 hours, but people get antsy, and they spend a quid to get SIT Eddie."
Rod: "And we get that quid?"
Guy: "Well, no. We get 0.15 of the quid."
Steve: "Fuck this!"
Rod: "Brilliant! Do it!"

Back