Iron Maiden pictures

For anyone who's ever wondered what a watermarked promo copy looks like.

CBUiZs9.jpg

QetJOFB.jpg

Poster of Maiden in Paris, 1982. According to browser/info (on top).
Paris-1982.jpg

@harrisdevot
Definitely Paris. The large avenue, the pavers (which have certainly disappeared since), and the bar on the right, with the mention PMU (official betting agency). I'm quite sure I have other pictures of the session. They played Pavillon Baltard that year (maybe the same day), and, while the concert went perfectly well, dozens of crazed fans destroyed subway wagons and a station after the gig. This episode didn't help to improve the image of Metal in France. It was the very moment I began to listen to Maiden, and a few years later, when I asked if I could go to a gig of the World Slavery tour, my parents mentionned that episode to refuse. I had to expect Somewhere on Tour.

Well, in a perfect world yes, but they choose to recall the bad events. And I have to say that I've been pretty lucky to attend the 1986 gig. A few months before, there had a bombing campaign in Paris, which affected the subway and large streets (for instance a large FNAC building) and my parents absolutely refused to let me go in those conditions. But the campaign, which was linked to a Iranian issue, stopped and I was given the permission. All this came to mind again when I booked the ticket for Download and learned just afterwards of the Bataclan slaughter.

fK530rv.jpg

My family and Ed Force One in Vienna.

18ipYUf.jpg

Iron Maiden shuttle bus from Zilina to Zilina Airport for the gig.

DuQlyPM.jpg

The silver hair rouder in stairs in Vienna and next to corn field at Zilina gig:

4l9kQpo.jpg

vYOfq6a.jpg

Ed Force One beach toy at Vienna gig

YnlOths.jpg

Andy Taylor and Steve Harris

I made this today. This will resonate with people watching the new season of South Park and Play Classics fans.

Attachments

• IMG_3851.JPG
    IMG_3851.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 31
Back