Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Here's an abstract of an interview with Europe's Joey Tempest.

Joey told Classic Rock: "I remember bands like IRON MAIDEN and DEF LEPPARD opened the door for us. When we first went to Japan, IRON MAIDEN had already been there and paved the way for us without even knowing it. I met Steve Harris and we were talking about touring and people around the band, and I remember him saying to be prepared that we would have to part ways with old friends and colleagues down the road and fire people. It was strange advice, but it was very good. It was good to know that all bands go through that and you're not alone."

Source : https://blabbermouth.net/news/joey-tempest-how-iron-maiden-influenced-europe-in-bands-early-days

Considering how he now reconnects with former band members, Steve surely thinks he has been too harsh sometimes.

Here's an abstract of an interview with Europe's Joey Tempest.

Joey told Classic Rock: "I remember bands like IRON MAIDEN and DEF LEPPARD opened the door for us. When we first went to Japan, IRON MAIDEN had already been there and paved the way for us without even knowing it. I met Steve Harris and we were talking about touring and people around the band, and I remember him saying to be prepared that we would have to part ways with old friends and colleagues down the road and fire people. It was strange advice, but it was very good. It was good to know that all bands go through that and you're not alone."

Source : https://blabbermouth.net/news/joey-tempest-how-iron-maiden-influenced-europe-in-bands-early-days

Considering how he now reconnects with former band members, Steve surely thinks he has been too harsh sometimes.

Those words from Steve are spot on. One of the most painful decisions we made when I was in a band was firing the bass player, who was a childhood friend of several band members, for his lack of proficiency. Their friendship suffered significantly as a result.

If I was a rich kid I'll rent a few of the bands of that list for a 2 or 3 day festival for $3M … Maiden (as headliners obviously), Judas Priest, Accept, Megadeth, Queensryche, Overkill, Status Quo, Jethro Tull, Manic street Preachers, …

If I was a billionaire, I would pay Bruce to record an album in the vein of TCW. Sequel. I would ask not to immitate that record but to brainstorm in the same headspace. Along with Adrian and Roy. Also, I would pay Iron Maiden to record album in the vein of Piece of Mind and Powerslave. I would hire a producer capable to achieve level of 80's production greatness. Extra money would be given to keep Steve from producing.
And more money to cut all the unnecessary intros, but that's producers job, as it should be.
This buying may sound silly but I think it would produce some interesting results. Sooner or later.

Bruce, can you write something similar as great as The Alchemist outro...

Last edited:

find that very hard to believe, for a start the promoter would have lost a fortune on the Dublin gig last year, as 13,000 by 100 quid is only 1.3 Million euros (I think Maiden's tickets were cheaper than that too but can't remember)

I suspect they've averaged it out and the fee for Power Trip distorts it.

find that very hard to believe, for a start the promoter would have lost a fortune on the Dublin gig last year, as 13,000 by 100 quid is only 1.3 Million euros (I think Maiden's tickets were cheaper than that too but can't remember)

I suspect they've averaged it out and the fee for Power Trip distorts it.

You are probably right. I would imagine that a promoter of a tour in a territory where the band ends up playing several shows would not have to pay a fee as high as that for an exclusive concert. Different promoters outbidding each other also has an impact (that has been the case in Spain on different recent tours).

Last edited:
If I was rich, I would give a lot of money to protect the planet and all the non human species, to find a solution to defeat the evil on Earth, to help people getting out from poverty, to eliminate starvation and to find solutions against illnesses and pollution. I would make all the good I could to help others. ;)
lol

Back