Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

This was peak cringe Maiden. If only 'Arry dedicated as much time to producing as he did to playing football VXI might have been an improvement

Yeah. I adore the album, but the football tie-in was ridiculous and unnecessary.

Am I the only one who really likes the album artwork of Virtual XI? Its my 3rd favourite (next only to TNOTB and FOTD) in terms of album cover (specially the more dark reddish coloured variant). Not to mention, it was released an year before the first Matrix movie! It's concept was way ahead of it's time, atleast to me it is.

Am I the only one who really likes the album artwork of Virtual XI? Its my 3rd favourite (next only to TNOTB and FOTD) in terms of album cover (specially the more dark reddish coloured variant). Not to mention, it was released a year before the first Matrix movie! It's concept was way ahead of it's time, atleast to me it is.
It’s not my favorite but I’ve always liked the cover. It’s vibrant!

Speaking of covers, two things I never liked:
1. The “cast in stone” band logo on X Factor
and
2. The boxed out band logo that started on VXI and ended 17 years later on Book of Souls

Am I the only one who really likes the album artwork of Virtual XI? Its my 3rd favourite (next only to TNOTB and FOTD) in terms of album cover (specially the more dark reddish coloured variant). Not to mention, it was released an year before the first Matrix movie! It's concept was way ahead of it's time, atleast to me it is.
I really like it and think it's great. This is one of the covers that best depicts the idea. Love the colors. And Melvyn Grant's Eddies are always interesting. The whole cover is captivating, which is important.
Speaking of covers, two things I never liked:
1. The “cast in stone” band logo on X Factor
Agreed, although it fits.

Edit: what I never like is covers without details/background and use of CGI...

Last edited:
Yeah. I adore the album, but the football tie-in was ridiculous and unnecessary.

I personally think the album is shite and the cover and overall concept are awful.

Reading the article has reminded me that Terry Butcher played on the team (he is a friend of Steve Harris). I immediately thought about this, because who could forget such a stellar moment in his career? :lol:

1714728039283.png

8hLs-7.gif

I personally think the album is shite and the cover and overall concept are awful.

Reading the article has reminded me that Terry Butcher played on the team (he is a friend of Steve Harris). I immediately thought about this, because who could forget such a stellar moment in his career? :lol:

View attachment 36095

8hLs-7.gif
Shite defender but to be fair, nobody could stop Maradona back in the day.

Back