In and Out

Select the most awesome song from these options.

• Murders IN The Rue Morgue

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Back IN The Village

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Caught Somewhere IN Time

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Stranger IN A Strange Land

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Hooks IN You

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • OUT Of The Silent Planet

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Face IN The Sand

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • OUT Of The Shadows

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
I am the king of Silly Polls. All shall love me and despair!

Name the movie:
"No time for the old in-out, love; I'm just here to read the meter."

I think the theme is obvious. But in case you don't see it: all song titles contain either the word "In" or the word "Out".

You know the drill. Vote. Explain, or Perun will drink all your beer.

Mine: Murders IN The Rue Morgue. Superb bassline. Amazing guitar harmonies. Great energy.

Yours?

Out Of The Silent Planet, I've really been getting into Brave New World album recently and this is one of the tracks I sometimes either skip forward to or hit back so I can listen again.

Caught Somewhere In Time, great opener to a great album. The opening synth really gave me a shock when I listened to it for the first time. Didn't expect something like that from Maiden at all.

Naming the movie: Clockwork Orange, one of my favourite movies, if not the favourite.

silly posts are cool but this is taugher than Genghis's with the 6 words

so between, the murders, stranger, and the village, I choose "stranger in a strange land"

I like its lyrics, its melody, but mostly I LOVE its solo
I told it somewhere else before recently, that this, must be the longest one man solo in the whole Maiden catalogue -over one minute long

:bigsurprise:

Ouch, a quite even bunch of songs, I can exclude Hooks in you which is a song I rarely listen to - but the rest are hard to choose from.

Murders in the Rue Morgue is a very energetic song with a cool bass line and other things that have already been mentioned.

Back in the Village has one of the coolest guitar riffs, and unlike many others I really enjoy this song. Just after I bought Powerslave I sometimes listened to the three final songs if I didn't have time to listen to the entire album.

Caught ... is a great opening track on a very enjoyable album, and especially H's solo here is great.

The same goes, of course, for Stranger in a strange land. GREAT solo. The rest of the song isn't quite as fantastic, but I like it a lot.

Out of the silent planet. Cool intro, and the song is catchy as few, I especially like it when the chorus rhythm guitar changes to gallops.

Face in the sand, heavy and energetic, good melody, I like it a lot.

Out of the shadows - also a nice song, not my favorite from AMOLAD, but just like the other AMOLAD songs that are not named "Brighter than a thousand suns" it comes second.

To actually choose one of these? Fucking hard. I let my appreciation for a good guitar solo decide and then I am left with the two SIT tracks. And when I have chosen guitar solo as my criterion, the price goes to:

Stranger in a Strange Land. Written by the great Mr. Adrian Smith.

Caught Somewhere In Time ! Must have one of the coolest beginnings of all Maiden songs. I like Adrian's solo a lot as well but not more than Dave's. What a walk over his guitar neck! :)

For me, it's either Murders in the Rue Morgue or Stranger in a Strange Land.  Both have bass that kicks ass.  Murders has the aggression, while Stranger has the laid back H-ness.

I'll go for Stranger because of the great solo.

I choose OUT of the Silent Planet.  Cool Celtic-sounding intro, neat little guitar work, fun lyrics.

Also, please stop Perun from drinking all my beer.

I'm stuck between CSIT and SIASL. Both songs are way killer! I just LOVE the intro to CSIT and the whole song is a winner! I know I've said before I would love for this to be the opener on the upcoming tour, but it will be Aces High. Both songs have outstanding H solos. But...I'm voting for the latter cuz next to Wasted Years, it's his best solely written song.

Maiden need more solely written songs, not just by Harris! When was the last time there was a solely written song other than Harris? ...Anyone? Was it BYD...by Bruce in 1990? Forostar would know, I bet  ;)

For me it's Back in the Village. It's probably the heaviest of this bunch and has some of the coolest riffing I've heard from Maiden. Plus the song just has such a great sense of action about it.

What?! I`m the only one who voted for Face In The Sand? Interesting... Well, when I see the other options, there`s stranger in a strange land...hmmmm

Caught Somewhere in Time.

I like its constant guitar changes and the airy guitars.  I hope Maiden open the tour with this song.

I really hate choosing.  :(  but I don't want perun to drink all of LC's beer. Keiths I assume?
I choose SIASL because the guitar work is awesome! :wub:  I hope they play it on this upcoming tour?

Face IN The Sand, I love the bass drum, it's so great.  Nicko beat up his foot, that's increadible.

OUT of the Silent Planet it is for me, there's a reason why I really like the Brave New World album. This song is just really catchy and has some great lyrics, although that's not to say that some of the others on that list (most notably Face in the Sand, Out of the Shadows, and Caught Somewhere in Time) aren't really good as well.

Hooks in You

Because no one had voted for it yet :ok:

and that's a good song, though it's not among my favourites.

Back