If Maiden played a sixth Blaze era song live with Bruce?

naranja

Educated Fool
Firstly, this will never happen, it's just for discussions sake.

Secondly if you HAD to pick one, even if you hate all of them. Which do you think would be most interesting with Bruce?

I think Blood on the World's Hands as it has a really interesting riffy layout to it, which is uncharacteristic of Harris in that era and beyond.

Maiden have played the following Blaze songs live with Bruce- Sign of the Cross, The Clansman, Futureal ❤️, Lord of the Flies and Man on the Edge.

That's a tough one.... I'd love to hear Bruce's take on The Educated Fool, I feel he'd really bring out the theatrical nature of the verses and make the chorus just soar.

That being said, I unironically want to hear the band do The Angle and the Gambler. I think it'd be an absolute banger of an encore track- lots of chances for crowd participation.

Definitely Blood on the World’s Hands. Great song to begin with and although I think Blaze did a solid job with it, Bruce would help bring it to life.

Similarly, I’ve always felt that When Two Worlds Collide would have a classic Maiden feel with the current lineup. Would’ve been a good pick for the BNW tour I reckon.

I want: When Two Worlds Collide, Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger, Judgement Of Heaven.

It will work great with him: Blood On The Worlds Hand's, The Edge Of Darkness.

Similarly, I’ve always felt that When Two Worlds Collide would have a classic Maiden feel with the current lineup. Would’ve been a good pick for the BNW tour I reckon.
This.

Like I've said elsewhere, the X Factor songs would absolutely fit the current incarnation of the band.

I can quite vividly see them doing Blood on the World's Hands, Fortunes of War, The Unbeliever, The Aftermath, 2AM, Edge of Darkness and especially Judgement of Heaven.

As for VXI, I don't like the album as much, but Amigos would be great and to a degree, Educated Fool as well.

Good would be to hear these songs sung by Bruce :

THE X FACTOR => The Aftermath and Blood On The World's Hands. Plus Judgement Day and Justice Of The Peace.

VIRTUAL XI => Lightning Strikes Twice, When Two Worlds Collide, The Educated Fool, Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger, Como Estais Amigos.

And also the Maiden like songs from SILICON MESSIAH : Born As A Stranger, The Brave, Reach For The Horizon, The Launch and Stare At The Sun.

Definitely Blood on the World’s Hands. Great song to begin with and although I think Blaze did a solid job with it, Bruce would help bring it to life.

I’ve always loved WTWC, but I do think it is a little too long.

Virtual XI is an album that would greatly benefit from Nickos drumming and Shirley’s production. It’s 8 fantastic songs that sound like a mix of Sonewhere in Time and Brave New World, but it’s hard to appreciate behind the limp production. That’s not even counting if you add Bruce and Adrian into that mix.

In fact, I’d LOVE to hear re-recorded studio versions of both Blaze albums with the current lineup and producer. I think Prowler 88 and Charlotte 88 are awesome sounding and I’d love that treatment on those two albums.

Firstly, this will never happen, it's just for discussions sake.

Secondly if you HAD to pick one, even if you hate all of them. Which do you think would be most interesting with Bruce?

I think Blood on the World's Hands as it has a really interesting riffy layout to it, which is uncharacteristic of Harris in that era and beyond.

Maiden have played the following Blaze songs live with Bruce- Sign of the Cross, The Clansman, Futureal ❤️, Lord of the Flies and Man on the Edge.
LOST IN A LOST WORLD LOL.
MY choice would be Edge of darkness for sure

Didn’t they do that with No More Lies???

I am not sure I would want them to play another song from that era live, although The Edge of Darkness would be interesting.

With how Nicko is performing on this tour, it'd be quite a good call for the band to introduce more Blaze era songs into the setlist. Most of the songs on those albums aren't very taxing.

Back