I think its Time for Eddies Archive Part 2

maidenpriest

Trooper
So what would it contain ?

1. The full Soundboard Maiden Japan
2. A full Soundboard 1983 set list on two Cd's
3. A full Soundboard 1986 set list on two Cd's

But what would the last two cd's contain ? studio rarities, post Eddies Archive single mixes and B sides, an unreleased concert or maybe something else what are your ideas ??

Another bsides disc would be nice, there are a lot that didn't make the first CD or were recorded after. Not sure if it'd fill two discs, but there's at least enough for one.

Otherwise, it'd be cool to have a box set of live recordings that may not see the light of day otherwise. Since the first Eddies Archive was mostly 80s stuff, it'd make sense to cover everything else. Maybe a live disc from the Blaze Era, something from Ed Huntour, and a recording from AMOLAD tour. Or the Early Days tour. Basically stuff that they wouldn't really use for a major DVD/CD release. Something for the hardcore fans.

Cool idea though! I'd really love to see another Maiden box set. I really hope that when they retire we get lots of archival stuff like that after.

Another bsides disc would be nice, there are a lot that didn't make the first CD or were recorded after. Not sure if it'd fill two discs, but there's at least enough for one.

Otherwise, it'd be cool to have a box set of live recordings that may not see the light of day otherwise. Since the first Eddies Archive was mostly 80s stuff, it'd make sense to cover everything else. Maybe a live disc from the Blaze Era, something from Ed Huntour, and a recording from AMOLAD tour. Or the Early Days tour. Basically stuff that they wouldn't really use for a major DVD/CD release. Something for the hardcore fans.

Cool idea though! I'd really love to see another Maiden box set. I really hope that when they retire we get lots of archival stuff like that after.

we need a soundboard official live release from 1983 and 1986 first in my opinion, although a Blaze gig would be nice and historical :)

Yeah, an AMOLAD and/or Blaze-era live show would be a nice thing, just like Beast Over Hammersmith was in the original Eddie's Archive.

Indeed, Milano 99, Donington 07, Wembley 90, Dortmund 83. Also more b sides: Massacre, I live my way, Pass the jam, Maiden Japan and all those cover songs from AMOLAD album. And Mission from 'Arry of course :bigsmile:

Last edited:
If this happens, I'd like a complete compilation of B-sides that were not in the original Eddie's Archive and for live concerts there are so many to choose but I'd like one complete show from the Ed-Hunter tour.

Maybe not the right place for this but WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE B SIDES? I mean they did record some for AMOLAD right? That was almost 10 years ago.

Maybe not the right place for this but WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE B SIDES? I mean they did record some for AMOLAD right? That was almost 10 years ago.
Please refresh my memory: what did they record apart from "Space Truckin'' and "Hocus Pocus"? You all make it sound like they have recorded many more; I am intrigued (in a good way). ;)

Please refresh my memory: what did they record apart from "Space Truckin'' and "Hocus Pocus"? You all make it sound like they have recorded many more; I am intrigued (in a good way). ;)

There was one more don't remember which one. I think there is a short video of it somewhere.
Edit:

Last edited:
I think it was "Tush" by ZZ Top and "Angel of Death" by Thin Lizzy. I've given up hope on ever hearing them.

I think it was "Tush" by ZZ Top and "Angel of Death" by Thin Lizzy. I've given up hope on ever hearing them.
Correct, they have never been released have they? Also the Hocus pocus cover was on a DVD single of Different world, wish they would become available for the public ASAP!

As much as I would love for Maiden to release a 1986 / '87 soundboard if a Eddie's Archive Part 2 was to happen, sadly I don't think a full soundboard of a 1986 / '87 show exists :(

Rod pretty much confirmed on The History of Iron Maiden Part 3 DVD that they have bits of audio & video from that tour but "not a full record of it", Much to Steve's frustration as well as he really wanted to film that tour but Rod disagreed due to it being too soon after Live After Death.

If they were to acquire the rights to one of the full bootleg shows that we find on YouTube & tidy / master the recording, it'll most likely be the Paris 1986 show.

Liam.

So what would it contain ?

1. The full Soundboard Maiden Japan
2. A full Soundboard 1983 set list on two Cd's
3. A full Soundboard 1986 set list on two Cd's

But what would the last two cd's contain ? studio rarities, post Eddies Archive single mixes and B sides, an unreleased concert or maybe something else what are your ideas ??
I agree.........that would be killer!

But Hammersmith 1984 is represented by Live After Death, wouldn't a Piece Of Mind and Somewhere In Time concert be better ?? :)

True, true...I just love the atmosphere on those shows and a "home turf" UK show from the Powerslave tour would be cool to have as well. The European shows had some setlist variations too...

I want Reading 2005 which I was at and there is no bootleg of. I seem to recall there was talk that they were going to show some vids of it as extras when some DVD or other was going to be shown in cinemas which then got cancelled (can't remember which DVD that was though). My memory of that show is that it was the best I have ever heard Bruce sing in all the 36 gigs I have been to...

Back