I just searched all Maiden albums for the word "dream"

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
Guess, without checking, how many out of Iron Maiden's songs contain the word "dream" (including plural, but not including other words that also mean "dream", like "nightmare")?

I just made a Winamp playlist out of all of them 
rock.gif

Nope, the answer is 38!

Next question; which album has the highest percentage of songs whose lyrics contain the word "dream"?

Way off, actually. SSOASS has only got two songs containing the word "dream": Infinite Dreams and Only The Good Die Young. Actually, second place goes to Somewhere in Time, where 5 out of 8 songs contain the word. The winner therefore must have a higher percentage than 62.5 % ...

I can give a vague hint: out of the 38 songs in my list, 18 are from "The X Factor" or newer albums. So we could say there has been some inflation in the use of this word in Maiden's lyrics.

Brave New World?

The dream is true... the dream is true...
I only dream in black and white... I only dream 'cause I'm alive...
Lost... in a dream of mirrors...

And that's just one song.

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

My guess also Per.

So we could say there has been some inflation in the use of this word in Maiden's lyrics.

Old men sleep more, thus have more dreams.....

Actually, it's the other way around - older people need less sleep than youngsters.

And no - Brave New World may be the album that has the highest occurence of the word "dream" in total. But the album which has the highest percentage of songs containing it is Dance of Death.

7 out of 11 songs (Wildest Dreams, Rainmaker, No More Lies, Dance of Death, New Frontier, Age of Innocence and Journeyman) contain the word "dream" in singular or plural ...

this is an actually serious topic why you placed it in Madness, EW ?  :blink:
anyway, thakns a lot about that and ....could you provide us with the playlist please ??  :D

Coming, I have watched the Champions League game between Manchester United and Celtic. Here come the songs:

Phantom of the Opera
Strange World
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed be thy Name
Flight of Icarus
Caught Somewhere in Time
Sea of Madness
Heaven Can Wait
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Stranger in a Strange Land
Infinite Dreams
Only The Good Die Young
No Prayer For The Dying
Public Enema Number One
From Here to Eternity
Wasting Love
The Apparition
Judas Be My Guide
Look For The Truth
The Aftermath
The Angel and the Gambler
The Clansman
Ghost of the Navigator
Brave New World
Dream of Mirrors
Out Of The Silent Planet
Wildest Dreams
Rainmaker
No More Lies
Dance of Death
New Frontier
Age of Innocence
Journeyman
These Colours Don't Run
Out Of The Shadows
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

38 songs, total running time 3:42:35  B)

PS: I posted it in madness because I was freaking MAD at the time I made the thread. And some of those songs are insanely good  :p

Back