I have to choose a song..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Prowler
Hey guys. I'm brand new to this forum but in no ways new to Maiden, being an instant fan since hearing LAD in 85. I was 12. Anyway, I'm posting songs on this 7 day challenge on FB. I'm on song #7 tomorrow. I've not posted Maiden yet. Tomorrow is going to be Hallowed. I'm just seeking opinion on what version. I think the original is a bit tame. I want to go with a live version. I'm thinking the Maiden England version but I'm open to offers. The previous songs have had great responses so I want to make the last one a proper start to the weekend. Thanks for advice and reasons for your choices.

Yeah, the first video I posted was like that; didn't notice because the uploader didn't specify. This one, however, is an actual live video ;)

That whole Dave & Adrian go up a set of stairs after the solos. Ah, those were the glory days...

Btw, you see how I only needed three letters & you took three posts NP... :innocent:

Rock in Rio is probably the best choice. Unique energy. If the video is important, then Flight 666 is also worth considering, because it's probably the clearest shot DVD.

Rock in Rio. The whole band is on fire. My number two is Beast Over Hammersmith, but there Bruce isn't hitting it quite as well.

Thanks for your reply. I went with Maiden England in the end. It's just my personal favourite. It's seems raw and unpolished. The clanky bass is prominent and I love Steve's "slit the throat" gesture as 5 0 clock is mentioned.

Thanks for your reply. I went with Maiden England in the end. It's just my personal favourite. It's seems raw and unpolished. The clanky bass is prominent and I love Steve's "slit the throat" gesture as 5 0 clock is mentioned.
Good choice, I would have suggested this one, especially because of how Bruce sings "illusion" at the end.

rock in rio is likely the best live performance of every song they played on that set and the only for many others. Best version of hallowed by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back