1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I can't see the smileys!"

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by Anonymous, Sep 15, 2006.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those of you who can't see the smileys, here's what to do:

Go to your member profile and then to 'Look and Layout Preferences'. Then, you'll see "Current Smiley Set". There, select 'Default' instead of 'Forum/Board Default'. Now, the smileys should be visible to you.  :smartarse:

If this doesn't work, then -- as Nicko says -- "too f'kin' bad!"  :D

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Either that, or you're blind... :innocent:

3. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

Either that, or your computer monitor is turned off.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or you're sitting in front of the TV.

5. SneakySneaky

SneakySneaky Trooper

Wow,  the smileys look great  :bigsmile:.  I must admit I quite disliked the ones when the new forum started.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean there are no smileys on TV?  :blink:

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't try to impress us by making us believe that you don't watch TV, Mav... :D

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've watching TV for years, and I still do. I was only waiting for some smileys to appear...  :blush:

9. Shadow

Shadow Deluxe Edition Staff Member

I see dead people!  :blink:

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see dumb people...  but not in this thread!  :D

11. Real World

Real World Maindenfans.com Founder

Look at our super intelligent banner ads. Why not click an ad for 100% free smilies!!! Or.... don't :p

12. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

I've always wondered what kind of algorithm Google uses to generate those ads. Sometimes they show stuff that's not relevant to the page. Like on the thread about the Montreal tragedy, I saw Google ads for meditation techniques. (Yes, I clicked one. I did my good deed for the day.)

Back when I had Google ads on Top10Songs.net, on the Iron Maiden page, Google would always pick up the phrase "Number Of The Beast" and give links to sites about the Bible. Watch those ads long enough, you'll see some really weird stuff come up.

13. Real World

If theyre not relevant its usually because Google hasnt visited the page yet. Google visited last this page Today at 00:44:47

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My favourite ad had to be the one for Dallas Mavericks merchandise.

15. Real World

:lol:

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just learnt how to activate smiley images - yeeha and i came in to discuss the album! :innocent:

Was getting worried a mod called me a 'smartarse' twice since joining - thought i was in trouble! :ok: